An ever-present Comforter

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord.

Primary Text
“Now our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and God, even our Father, which hath loved us, and hath given us everlasting consolation and good hope through grace,” 2 Thessalonians 2v16 (KJV)

“May our Lord Jesus Christ Himself and God our Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting comfort and hope, which we don’t deserve,” 2 Thessalonians 2v16 (TLB)

We give God all the glory for the everlasting consolation and hope that He has given to us. Moreover, we also have the Holy Spirit who is the Comforter who has been given to us to be with us always. John 14v16-17 (AMP) saying “And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Comforter (Counselor, Helper, Intercessor, Advocate, Strengthener, and Standby), that He may remain with you forever – The Spirit of Truth, Whom the world cannot receive (welcome, take to its heart), because it does not see Him or know Him or recognize Him. But you know and recognize Him, for He lives with you [constantly] and will be in you.” And we thank God that for every believer, we have the Comforter who is the Holy Spirit with us. The Holy Spirit does many things for the believer, one of it being to counsel us. Many times we are wondering what should I do, what direction should I go, is this the right way to go? The Holy Spirit can counsel you and direct you in the way that you should go. Luke 4v1-2 (KJV) says “And Jesus being full of the Holy Ghost returned from Jordan, and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness, Being forty days tempted of the devil. And in those days He did eat nothing: and when they were ended, He afterward hungered.” Here we see the Holy Spirit leading Jesus where He should go – and He can do and does the same for we as believers. John 14v26 (TLB) further tells us that “But when the Father sends the Comforter instead of Me – and by the Comforter I mean the Holy Spirit – He will teach you much, as well as remind you of everything I myself have told you.”

Supplementary Text
“I will talk to the Father, and He’ll provide you another Friend so that you will always have someone with you. This Friend is the Spirit of Truth.” John 14v16 (MSG)

Prayer

Father I thank You for Your Spirit who is in me and with me. I pray for a greater fellowship with the Spirit of God that I may become more and more sensitive to His direction, counsels and leading in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts