An Open Door (2)

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord.

Primary Text
“And to the angel (messenger) of the assembly (church) in Philadelphia write: These are the words of the Holy One, the True One, He Who has the key of David, Who opens and no one shall shut, Who shuts and no one shall open: I know your [record of] works and what you are doing. See! I have set before you a door wide open which no one is able to shut; I know that you have but little power, and yet you have kept My Word and guarded My message and have not renounced or denied My name.” Revelations 3v7-8 (AMP)

I am realizing more and more that working for the Lord, being obedient to Him is a choice. It is possible to give a lot of excuses why one might not be able to do something, but it takes love to go the extra mile and with the grace of God to do that which He has asked us to do. The verses above speak of a people whom though they have a little strength, have kept the Word of God, have guarded His message, and have not renounced or denied His name. The Lord says I know the works that you have done, and I have set an open door before you that no man can shut. I have made an opening for you – opening for ministry, opening in life, opening to joy, peace, prosperity, marriage; no man can shut it. I know your strength is little, but even with that you have kept My Word and not denied my name, well done. Again, let’s be encouraged from 1 Corinthians 15v58 (AMP) which says “Therefore, my beloved brethren, be firm (steadfast), immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord [always being superior, exceling, doing more than enough in the service of the Lord], knowing and being continually aware that your labour in the Lord is not futile [it is never wasted or to no purpose].” Remember, it is the Lord that is opening these doors, and no one, absolutely no one can shut them… so go through them.

Prayer
Father, I thank You for Your Word. Thank You for open doors Lord Jesus and for strength. Father, please grant us the grace to go through the doors You have opened before us. Grant us the strength to continue to love, serve and obey You in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts