Don’t Procrastinate

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord. Happy Easter everyone.

Primary Text
“AND TO the angel (messenger) of the assembly (church) in Sardis write: These are the words of Him Who has the seven Spirits of God [the sevenfold Holy Spirit] and the seven stars: I know your record and what you are doing; you are supposed to be alive, but [in reality] you are dead. Rouse yourselves and keep awake, and strengthen and invigorate what remains and is on the point of dying; for I have not found a thing that you have done [any work of yours] meeting the requirements of My God or perfect in His sight. So call to mind the lessons you received and heard; continually lay them to heart and obey them, and repent.” Revelations 3v1-2 (AMP)

If you find yourself in a state of spiritual slumber, in a situation where God’s approval of you is that you are not alive in me anymore, what do you do? The Lord says rouse yourself, strengthen what is left behind, and go back to the lessons you have heard, and repent. Isaiah 55v6-7 says “Seek ye the LORD while He may be found, call ye upon Him while He is near: Let the wicked forsake His way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and He will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for He will abundantly pardon.” But don’t procrastinate, for there are consequences to pushing God away. Revelations 3v3 (AMP) says “In case you will not rouse yourselves and keep awake and watch, I will come upon you like a thief, and you will not know or suspect at what hour I will come.” Don’t be caught unawares, dear one. If you find yourself in that state of being alive but “dead” in the eyes of the Lord, and seek to come back to Him, you can pray a prayer like this:

Prayer
Heavenly Father, I come to You today, thanking You for Your chastisement. Father I am so so so sorry for doing things my own way, for moving away and not meeting your requirements. Please have mercy on me and forgive me. I come to You today. I pray you begin to work in me once again to be willing and able to bring You pleasure. I love You Lord. Please keep me in You. Help me to be sober, be vigilant, to watch and pray. When You come back for Your own, please don’t let me be found wanting in Jesus name, amen.


Comments

Popular Posts