Effective Witnessing

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord.

Primary Text
“Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. Which things also we speak, not in the words which man’s wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.” 1 Corinthians 2v12-13 (KJV)

Our Lord Jesus gave a mandate for us to preach the gospel before He left. Mark 16v15-18 (NIV) says “And then He told them, “Go into all the world and preach the Good News to everyone, Anyone who believes and is baptized will be saved. But anyone who refuses to believe will be condemned. These miraculous signs will accompany those who believe: They will cast out demons in My name, and they will speak in new languages. They will be able to handle snakes with safety, and if they drink anything poisonous, it won’t hurt them. They will be able to place their hands on the sick, and they will be healed.”” However, He emphasized the importance of the Holy Spirit in doing this work: “”And now I will send the Holy Spirit upon you, just as My Father promised. Don’t begin telling others yet – stay here in the city until the Holy Spirit comes and fills you with power from heaven.”” (Luke 24v49, TLB). And He did send His Holy Spirit to us, who empowered and continues to empower the church to be true witnesses. The Apostle Paul for example could say that: “And my language and my message were not set forth in persuasive (enticing and plausible) words of wisdom, but they were in demonstration of the [Holy] Spirit and power [a proof by the Spirit and power of God, operating on me and stirring in the minds of my hearers the most holy emotions and thus persuading them], So that your faith might not rest in the wisdom of men (human philosophy), but in the power of God.” 1 Corinthians 2v4-5 (AMP)

Prayer
Heavenly Father, I thank You for Your Word. Please fill me with Your Spirit afresh. Anoint me anew to be a true and effective witness of our Lord Jesus Christ in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts