His Love

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord.

Primary Text
“As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore and repent.” Revelations 3v20 (KJV)

While it is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God (Hebrews 10v31), it is awful when He stops rebuking, reproving or showing you the way you should go. For it is those that He loves that He rebukes and chastens. Why would He rebuke or chasten you? So you can do well, you can please Him, meet His standards, and stay on the right path; that we may be partakers of His holiness. When He leaves you to your ways, then be very afraid, for sons are the ones who are chastised. Jeremiah 31v18-20 (NLT) says “I have heard Israel saying ‘You disciplined me severely, like a calf that needs training for the yoke. Turn me again to You and restore me, for You alone are the LORD my God. I turned away from God, but then I was sorry. I kicked myself for my stupidity! I was thoroughly ashamed of all I did in my younger days.’ “Is not Israel still My son, my darling child?” says the LORD. “I often have to punish him, but I still love him. That’s why I long for him and surely will have mercy on him.” Have people been pointing out to you the way to go, have they been advising you about things, has the Word been pointing things out for you to change? What is the right response – be zealous and repent.

Prayer

Father, I thank You so much for Your Word. Thank You for Your rebukes and chastening. Father, if I am ever erring, please never fail to rebuke and chasten me, in Jesus name, amen. For all points You have rebuked and chastened me today, I thereby repent in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts