The Lord’s favour

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord. This month has been the season of fruitfulness in church. Today we looked at foundations for fruitfulness, and one of them was to seek the favour of the Lord. This is as opposed to seeking the favour of man. We see this in the life of Nehemiah, that though he needed a favour from the king, he went to the King of kings to ask that He would “grant him mercy in the sight of this man” (Nehemiah 1v11). What was the result? Nehemiah asked for a bunch of things that he needed, and the Bible records that:

“And a letter unto Asaph the keeper of the king’s forest, that he may give me timber to make beams for the gates of the palace which appertained to the house, and for the wall of the city, and for the house that I shall enter into. And the king granted me, according to the good hand of my God upon me.” Nehemiah 2v8

“... And the king granted these requests, because the gracious hand of God was on me.” (NLT)
“... So the king gave me the letters, because God was showing kindness to me.” (New Century Version)
“...And because the gracious hand of my God was upon me, the king granted my requests.” (New International Version)

Without the favour of God, it could be really difficult to get anything done or accomplished. Even as you start this new week, remember, remember, remember, to commit everything into His hands, and to ask for His favour, and may you be blessed in so doing in Jesus name, amen.

Have a lovely week ahead.

Comments

Popular Posts