The quick prayer

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord. We thank God for His grace and His favour over our lives. The Bible says we should be instant in prayer (Romans 12v12). We see one example of this in the life of Nehemiah.

Between the time that Nehemiah prayed for favour from the Lord, and when the king asked him about the matter, 4 months had elapsed. Once again, the Bible records that:

“Then the king said unto me, For what dost thou make request? So I prayed to the God of heaven.
And I said unto the king,....” Nehemiah 2v4-5 (KJV)

“The king then asked me, “So what do you want? Praying under my breath to the God-of-Heaven, I said,...” Nehemiah 2v4-5 (The Message)

“Then the king said to me, “What do you want?”
First I prayed to the God of Heaven.” Nehemiah 2v4-5 (New Century Version)


Between the king’s asking Nehemiah, and him praying, and answering the king, the Bible doesn’t request Nehemiah leaving the room, and coming back. No. We see here “a quick prayer,” an example of being instant in prayer.

But we notice again an order – a prayer first to the God of heaven, and then a speech to man. As a child of God, we know that God hears our prayers. Sometimes we might have prayed about a certain issue a while back, but then be faced to speak seemingly on the spot concerning it. A quick prayer calms you and reassures you, and acknowledges God again in the situation. Sometimes we might be feeling a little unsettled about something, a quick prayer to the God of heaven will work. Whatever the case is, whenever pressed for time, you can always say a prayer to the God of heaven, who sees all things.

Have a very blessed day.

Comments

Popular Posts