Comfort

Hello everyone,
How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord, and if you are not bubbling in the Lord, I pray that His joy would well up within you and cause you to bubble in Jesus name, amen. In fact the Psalmist tells us in Psalm 94v19:

Primary Text: Psalm 94v19
“When anxiety was great within me, Your consolation brought me joy” Psalm 94v19 (NIV)
“In the multitude of my [anxious] thoughts within me, Your comforts cheer and delight my soul! Psalm 94v19 (AMP)

“In the multitude of my thoughts within me Thy comforts delight my soul.” Psalm 94v19 (KJV)

“When doubt filled my mind, Your comfort gave me renewed hope and cheer.” Psalm 94v19 (NLT)

“When I was upset and beside myself, You calmed me down and cheered me up.” Psalm 94v19 (MSG)

This is a verse I was reminded of yesterday, and one that I particularly like. We often tend to worry a lot, doubt springs up, discouragement knocks, sorrow beckons, but God is called the God of all comfort. He can bring comfort to us in different ways, just by speaking to our situation, our soul, through His Word and by His Spirit. He can use others to comfort us; He can send us good news. He can bring calm to us. Sometimes, just by talking it over with Him, in as much as He has told us to be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving we should make our requests known unto Him and with that, the peace of God which passeth all understanding will keep our hearts and minds in Christ Jesus (Philippians 4v6-7). God cares about you, and about your situation. Talk it over with Him, and may He bring you calm, cheer, and joy to delight your soul in Jesus name, amen. Don’t be scared to draw near to God. He is our Father, our Friend, and He wants to help you. Jesus died for you, and is interceding for you, not condemning you. He is for you (see Romans 8).

Supplementary Text:
“The LORD your God is with you, the Mighty Warrior who saves. He will take great delight in you; in His love He will no longer rebuke you, but will rejoice over you with singing.” Zephaniah 3v17 (NIV)

“Fear not [there is nothing to fear], for I am with you; do not look around you in terror and be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen and harden you to difficulties, yes, I will help you; yes, I will hold you up and retain you with My [victorious] right hand of rightness and justice.” Isaiah 41v10 (AMP)

“Comfort, comfort My people says your God. Speak tenderly to Jerusalem, and proclaim to her that her hard service has been completed, that her sin has been paid for, that she has received from the LORD’s hand double for all her sins.” Isaiah 40v1-2 (NIV)

“[Praise to the God of All Comfort] Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God.” 2 Corinthians 1v3-4 (NIV)

“But God, who comforts the downcast, comforted us by the coming of Titus,” 2 Corinthians 7v6 (NIV)

Prayer
Father, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, we thank You for Your Word and how You have comforted, lifted, helped and encouraged us in time past. We pray today that in the multitude of our thoughts within us that Your comfort will delight our soul. Father of compassion, we pray that You will fill us with Your compassion, and even as You show us compassion and comfort, You will use us as instruments to show the same to others in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts