At the Edge

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord. The edge of a breakthrough could sometimes be quite challenging, because it is seemingly also the edge of the battle. At this point, the enemy’s taunts could be quite loud. We see a classic example of this with the story of David and Goliath. David had decided to go to fight against Goliath, who bigger and more experienced in battle than he was.

Primary Text
“And when the Philistine looked about, and saw David, he disdained him: for he was but a youth, and ruddy, and of a fair countenance. And the Philistine said unto David, Am I a dog, that thou comest to me with staves? And the Philistine cursed David by his gods. And the Philistine said to David, Come to me, and I will give thy flesh unto the fowls of the air, and to the beasts of the field. Then said David to the Philistine, Thou comest to me with a sword, and with a spear, and with a shield: but I come to thee in the name of the LORD of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom thou hast defied. This day will the LORD deliver thee into mine hand; and I will smite thee, and take thine head from thee; and I will give the carcases of the host of the Philistines this day into the fowls of the air, and to the wild beasts of the earth; that all the earth may know that there is a God in Israel. And all this assembly shall know that the LORD saveth not with sword and spear: for the battle is the LORD’s, and He will give you into our hands.” 1 Samuel 17 v 42-47 (KJV).

But David made the battle the LORD’s, not his. Our challenges will always seem bigger and greater than us, our enemy seemingly with more experience. But, as David had the experience of being delivered from the bear and the lion (1 Samuel 17v37), so also do we have testimonies of God’s victory in our lives. At the edge, we must learn to look beyond the appearance, and walk by faith, not by sight. Like victory, speak and begin to praise God for the victory – just like David did.

Supplementary Text
“So David prevailed over the Philistine with a sling and with a stone, and smote the Philistine, and slew him; but there was no sword in the hand of David.” 1 Samuel 17v50 (KJV)

Prayer
Father, I thank You because the battle is Yours, and if You are for me, who can be against me. Blessed be Your holy name, in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts