A Certain Kind of Slowness!

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord. Have you ever said something, then felt like, I wish I didn’t say that. Or thought something, and found out more information, and felt like, oops, I completely misjudged the situation?

Primary Text:
“Understand [this], my beloved brethren. Let every man be quick to hear [a ready listener], slow to speak, slow to take offense and to get angry. For man’s anger does not promote the righteousness God [wishes and requires].” James 1v19-20 (AMP)

Being slow is a term people really do not want to be called today. It is usually seen in a derogatory light. But there is a certain kind of slowness that the Bible advices – one of which is being slow to speak. A professor I know will say as a planner, one thing we do is to “pause” before we act. Are the words you are going to speak words of grace? Are they edifying? Are they necessary? The Bible says every Word of God is pure. Are your words pure? Are they of good report? Are they trustworthy? Are they full of integrity and dependable? The Bible says, “But let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay: for whatsoever is more than these cometh of evil.” (Matthew 5v37). Again, we know that death and life are in the power of the tongue (Proverbs 18v21). Words are so powerful. We can build up or tear down by our words.

Supplementary Text
“You offspring of vipers! How can you speak good things when you are evil (wicked)? For out of the fullness (the overflow, the superabundance) of the heart the mouth speaks. The good man from his inner good treasure flings forth good things, and the evil man out of his inner evil storehouse flings forth evil things. But I tell you, on the day of judgment men will have to give account for every idle (inoperative, nonworking) word they speak. For by your words you will be justified and acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned and sentenced.” Matthew 12v34-37 (AMP)

Prayer
Father Lord, I thank You for Your Word this day. Father, I ask for mercy and forgiveness for every idle word that I have spoken. Please forgive me in Jesus name, amen. Help me to speak words that edify others and glorify You, in Jesus name, amen. I pray that the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart will be acceptable in Thy sight o God my strength and my Redeemer in Jesus name I pray, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts