Whose Approval?

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord.

Primary Text: Psalm 139v23-24
“Search me [thoroughly], O God, and know my heart! Try me and know my thoughts! And see if there is any wicked or hurtful way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.” Psalm 139v23-24 (AMP)

I love this prayer, because the Word says “And this is the confidence that we have in Him, that, if we ask any thing according to His will, He heareth us: And if we know that He hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of Him.” (1 John 5v14-15, KJV). For a believer, who is genuinely seeking the Lord, you want to make sure you are on the right path. It’s not enough that everyone around is saying well done, and you are doing good. It’s not enough that you yourself think you are well, because the heart is deceptive. But this prayer shows that we can go to God, who knows all hearts, and ask Him to do a thorough search, and lead us in the way everlasting. The Bible says, “For [it is] not [the man] who praises and commends Himself who is approved and accepted, but [it is the person] whom the Lord accredits and commends.” 2 Corinthians 10v18 (AMP). We never want to be in the situation of those who say, but in Your name, we did this and that, and the Lord says depart from Me you who work iniquity for I do not know you (Matthew 7v21-23). So “Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth.” 2 Timothy 2v15 (NLT), and may we be found in Him when He returns in Jesus name, amen.

Supplementary Text
“Not every one that saith unto Me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of My Father which is in heaven. Many will say to Me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Thy name? and in Thy name have cast out devils? and in Thy name done many wonderful works? And then I will profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from Me, ye that work iniquity.” Matthew 7v21-23 (KJV)

Prayer
Dear Heavenly Father, thank You so much for loving me with an everlasting love. Father today, I cry out to You, search me thoroughly and know my heart. Try me and know my thoughts. And see if there is any wicked or hurtful way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting, in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts