His approval


Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord.

Primary Text
“I care very little if I am judged by you or by any human court; indeed, I do not even judge myself. My conscience is clear, but that does not make me innocent. It is the Lord who judges me.” 1 Corinthians 4v3-4 (NIV)

It is easy to look and seek for the approval of man. But beloved, it is the approval of God that matters. This is not a license to say well mummy, daddy, husband, wife, teacher, police, I will do what I want to do because I just have to please God. Not at all. Galatians 5v22-23 tells us of the fruit of the Holy Spirit – love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. And writes that “There is no law against these things!” As a child of God who truly follows God, you will find that your character, behavior and attitude will be shaped in such a way that you will act with wisdom and discretion and be a pride to those who are put in charge of you – parents, teachers, the law, and even those you walk with. However, there may be times when society and even those you love might want you to do things that might not be in line with the word of God. We might also in our own understanding think we are on the right track, but Proverbs 16v25 (AMP) says “There is a way that seems right to a man and appears straight before him, but at the end of it is the way of death.” At the end of the day, its not what we or others think about what we do but what God thinks.  Remember “People may be right in their own eyes, but the LORD examines the heart.” Proverbs 21v2 (NLT)

Supplementary Text
“However, let him who boasts and glories boast and glory in the Lord. For [it is] not [the man] who praises and commends himself who is approved and accepted, but [it is the person] whom the Lord accredits and commends.” 2 Corinthians 10v17-18 (AMP)

Prayer
Father, we thank You so much for this day. We thank You for Your goodness. Father, we pray that we will meet Your approval in all that we do in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts