Why Boast?


Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord. We thank God for all that He is to us, and for all that He has given us and made us to be.

Primary Text
“For who separates you from the others [as a faction leader]? [Who makes you superior and sets you apart from another, giving you the preeminence?] What have you that was not given to you? If then you received if [from someone], why do you boast as if you had not received [but had gained it by your own efforts]?” 1 Corinthians 4v7 (AMP)

“For who makes you different from anyone else? What do you have that you did not receive? And if you did receive it, why do you boast as though you did not?” 1 Corinthians 4v7 (NIV)

Child of God, have you been going around thinking o, I am where I am because of my me, my hard work, my connections, my talents, my intelligence, me, me, me. Hard as it may seem, everything that we have received and all that we are, comes from God, and is because of Him. Acts 17v28 (NIV) says “‘For in Him we live and move and have our being.’ As some of your own poets have said, ‘We are His offspring.” Indeed, we are God’s vessels, and He lives in us, His Spirit in us and with us (John 14v17). Zechariah 4v6-7 (KJV) tells us “Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the LORD unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by My Spirit, saith the LORD of hosts. Who art thou, O great mountain? before Zerubbabel thou shalt become a plain: and he shall bring forth the headstone thereof with shoutings, crying, Grace, grace unto it. Not him who plants the seed, or he who waters the plant is anything beloved, but God who gives the increase (1 Corinthians 3v7). In John 15, the Lord clearly tells us that:

Supplementary Text
“Dwell in Me, and I will dwell in you. [Live in Me, and I will live in you.] Just as no branch can bear fruit of itself without abiding in (being vitally united to) the vine, neither can you bear fruit unless you abide in Me. I am the Vine; you are the branches. Whoever lives in Me and I in him bears much (abundant) fruit. However, apart from Me [cut off from vital union with Me] you can do nothing.” John 14v4-5 (AMP)

Prayer
Father, we thank You for Your Word. We thank You for all that You have made us to be. We pray O God that we will never glory in Your presence, but that we will always make our boast in You, in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts