Witnesses


Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord.

Primary Text
“We are [looked upon as] fools on account of Christ and for His sake, but you are [supposedly] so amazingly wise and prudent in Christ! We are weak, but you are [so very] strong! You are highly esteemed, but we are in disrepute and contempt!” 1 Corinthians 4v10 (AMP)

The apostles suffered ridicule for the sake of the cross. In Acts 17v18 (NIV), the Bible records “A group of Epicurean and Stoic philosophers began to debate with him. Some of them asked “What is this babbler trying to say?” Others remarked, “He seems to be advocating foreign gods.” They said this because Paul was preaching the good news about Jesus and the resurrection.” Acts 26v24 (NIV) says “At this point Festus interrupted Paul’s defense. “You are out of your mind, Paul! he shouted. “Your great learning is driving you insane.” What is the reaction of those around you to the good news? Whether positive or negative, stay strong. We know that “ … the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.” 1 Corinthians 1v18 (NIV). Keep preaching the gospel. Keep being a witness. And may the good Lord give an increase to every seed that is planted and every plant that is watered in Jesus name, amen. In 2 Timothy 1v11-14 (NLT) Paul writes “And God chose me to be a preacher, an apostle, and a teacher of this Good News. That is why I am suffering here in prison. But I am not ashamed of it, for I know the One in whom I trust, and I am sure that He is able to guard what I have entrusted to Him until the day of His return. Hold on to the pattern of wholesome teaching you learned from me – a pattern shaped by the faith and love that you have in Christ Jesus. Through the power of the Holy Spirit who lives within us, carefully guard the precious truth that has been entrusted to you.”

Supplementary Text
“You are My witnesses, says the Lord, and My servant whom I have chosen, that you may know Me, believe Me and remain steadfast to Me, and understand that I am He. Before Me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after Me.” Isaiah 43v10 (AMP)

Prayer
Heavenly Father, we thank You for Your Word. We pray that we will never be ashamed of the gospel of Christ, and pray that You will empower us by Your Spirit to be faithful witnesses in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts