Obey God

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord.

“I am the Lord your God, Who brought you up out of the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide and I will fill it. But My people would not hearken to My voice, and Israel would have none of Me. So I gave them up to their own hearts’ lust and let them go after their own stubborn will, that they might follow their own counsels.” Psalm 81v10-12 (AMP)

What a dreadful thing to have God no longer leading, guiding, encouraging, counseling, protecting and keeping a people. What a dreadful thing indeed. But such was the case of Israel stated above, in as much as they would not obey and heed to the voice of God and would not submit themselves to Him, after a while, God let them be. Proverbs 29v1 (TLB) says “The man who is often reproved but refuses to accept criticism will suddenly be broken and never have another chance.” Child of God, is the Lord prompting you about something, yet you keep insisting on having your own way? The consequences of consistent willful disobedience are dreadful! Are you a child of God with the Spirit of God on the inside of you, yet you keep yielding to the flesh and not to the Spirit? It would end up in (spiritual) death! Romans 8v12-13 (AMP) says “So then, brethren, we are debtors, but not to the flesh [we are not obligated to our carnal nature], to live [a life ruled by the standards set up by the dictates] of the flesh. For if you live according to [the dictates of] the flesh, you will surely die. But if through the power of the [Holy] Spirit you are [habitually] putting to death (making extinct, deadening) the [evil] deeds prompted by the body, you shall [really and genuinely] live forever.”

Prayer

Father I thank You for the power of Your Spirit. Please grant me the grace to fully obey You all of the time in Jesus name, amen. Holy Spirit I yield to You and I put to death every evil deed that my flesh is prompting me to do by Your power in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts