Receiving and Welcoming Jesus

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day?  I hope well and bubbling in the Lord.

Primary Text
“But to as many as did receive and welcome Him, He gave the authority (power, privilege, right) to become the children of God, that is, to those who believe in (adhere to, trust in, and rely on) His name – Who owe their birth neither to bloods nor to the will of the flesh [that of physical impulse] nor to the will of man [that of a natural father], but to God. [They are born of God!].” John 1v12-13 (AMP)

While some do not receive, believe or welcome Jesus Christ, those who do are given the authority to become the children of God. In this situation, God Himself calls us His children. It is not a judgment made because of our natural birth i.e. who our parents or ancestors are but of God. Indeed it is regardless of your birth country, sex, past… but as long as you believe in Jesus Christ and have faith in the fact that He can save you, you are given the power, privilege and right to become a child of God. Hallelujah! Romans 7v8-13 (NIV) says “But what does it say? “The word is near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart,” that is, the message concerning faith that we proclaim: If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved. As Scripture says, “Anyone who believes in Him will never be put to shame.” For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile – the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on Him, for, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”” Hallelujah!

Prayer
If today you do not know Jesus as your Lord and personal Saviour, and you want to have a personal relationship with Him; if you recognize that you are indeed a sinner and in need of a Savior and ready to embrace the salvation that is available because of Christ’s death on the cross, you can say a prayer like this:

Heavenly Father, I come to You today, confessing that I am a sinner. I am sorry for all that I have done and ask that You forgive me for all of my sins and cleanse me from all unrighteousness. Lord Jesus, I ask that You be Lord and Saviour over my life. I believe that You came to die for my sins, and that God raised You from the dead. Thank You Father for translating me out of the kingdom of darkness into the Kingdom of Your dear Son. Thank You for sealing me with Your Holy Spirit of promise. Please keep me till the end in You, and may Your Name alone be glorified in my life, in Jesus name I pray, amen.

If you said this prayer today, know that you are now a child of God and that there is much jubilation in heaven because of you. Begin to attend a Bible-believing church, and keep the faith! Welcome into God’s family.


Comments

Popular Posts