Christ's suffering and consolation


Hello everyone,

How are you doing?

Primary Text
“And if we are [His] children, then we are [His] heirs also: heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ [sharing His inheritance with Him]; only we must share His suffering if we are to share His glory.” Romans 8v17 (AMP)

In the Lord Jesus, though we suffer for His name’s sake, but I was blessed by the verse which says “For just as Christ’s sufferings are ours in abundance [as they overflow to His followers], so also our comfort [our reassurance, our encouragement, our consolation] is abundant through Christ [it is truly more than enough to endure what we must].” (2 Corinthians 1v5, AMP). Hallelujah. That is, although because of Christ we may go through tough times, trials, tribulations, and persecutions, still in Him we find our comfort, our joy, our encouragement, our delight. It is why you would see believers going through tough times, and onlookers think, and they keep serving this God, but for the believer they would never leave Him alone, because He just is so faithful, true, and good. Paul for example had a thorn in the flesh and he besought the Lord to take it away from him three times, but the response of the Lord was that His grace was sufficient for him to bear it and that in Paul’s weakness was the strength of God made perfect (2 Corinthians 12v9). Our Lord Jesus, was led by the Spirit of God to be tempted of the devil, but was later taken care of by angels after He had overcome the temptations (Matthew 4v11). Indeed, in Christ is both our suffering and our consolation. Thus we sing “How sweet the Name of Jesus sounds…”

 
Hymn: How sweet the Name of Jesus sounds
How sweet the Name of Jesus sounds
In a believer’s ear!
It soothes his sorrows, heals his wounds,
And drives away his fear.


It makes the wounded spirit whole,
And calms the troubled breast;
’Tis manna to the hungry soul,
And to the weary, rest.

Dear Name, the Rock on which I build,
My Shield and Hiding Place,
My never failing treasury, filled
With boundless stores of grace!

Jesus! my Shepherd, Husband, Friend,
O Prophet, Priest and King,
My Lord, my Life, my Way, my End,
Accept the praise I bring.

Weak is the effort of my heart,
And cold my warmest thought;
But when I see Thee as Thou art,
I’ll praise Thee as I ought.

Till then I would Thy love proclaim
With every fleeting breath,
And may the music of Thy Name
Refresh my soul in death!
Source: http://cyberhymnal.org/htm/h/s/hsweetnj.htm

Comments

Popular Posts