My life in Christ


Hello everyone,

 

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord.  

 

Primary Text

““So then, brethren, we are debtors, but not to the flesh [we are not obligated to our carnal nature], to live [a life ruled by the standards set up by the dictates] of the flesh. For if you live according to [the dictates of] the flesh, you will surely die. But if through the power of the [Holy] Spirit you are [habitually] putting to death (making extinct, deadening) the [evil] deeds prompted by the body, you shall [really and genuinely] live forever.” Romans 8v12-13 (AMP)

 

“If you use your lives to do the wrong things your sinful selves want, you will die spiritually. But if you use the Spirit’s help to stop doing the wrong things you do with your body, you will have true life.” Romans 8v13 (NCV)

 

Romans 8 shows how on the individual level we either yield our lives to doing evil deeds or to the Spirit. The flesh will indeed come with its propositions, for us to do things that are contrary to the will of God. However, if we live according to the dictates of the flesh, we will die – spiritually and sometimes with physical consequences along the way, and finally have eternal separation from God. But if continually, through the Spirit you are putting to death the deeds of the flesh, you will live, not only now, in fellowship with God, but also for all eternity. The sword of the Spirit is the Word of God. When the enemy tempted Jesus, He responded by saying “it is written” and telling Him what the Word of God says. One way to combat the dictates of the flesh is to be constantly reminded and to declare the Word of God that says “we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh” (Romans 8v12). You therefore declare that I am a debtor, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh. You do not have to yield to the promptings of the flesh. On the contrary, through the power of the Spirit, you habitually put to death the deeds of the flesh, so that you can live forever. You can therefore declare that by the power of the Spirit, I put to death lust, envy, anger, jealousy and so on. You yield and submit yourself to the Holy Spirit and ask Him to take full and total control over you.

 

Prayer

Father, we thank You for Your Word this day. Today, I declare that I am a debtor, but not to the flesh to live after the flesh. I declare that I have been crucified with Christ [in Him I have shared His crucifixion]; it is no longer I who live, but Christ (the Messiah) lives in me; and the life I now live in the body I live by faith in (by adherence to and reliance on and complete trust in) the Son of God, Who loved me and gave Himself up for me. I put to death the deeds of the flesh by the power of the Spirit and I yield and submit myself completely to You Holy Spirit of God. Take control of me and have Your way in me in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts