Through Christ

Hello everyone,
How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord. We thank God for His mercies, His grace, and His everlasting love.

I was listening to a message the other day, and the Reverend was speaking about how he had encouraged a church to look through the Scriptures, and take note of verses which had the words, “in Him” “Through Him” and “in Christ,” and for them to sort of imbibe them. The fact is that as believers, there are so many things that have already been provided for us, and are already ours, and we find this out in the Word of God. One of the most popular ones – or the ones we know of more is:

“I can do all things through Christ which strenghteneth me.” Philippians 4v13 (KJV)
“I have strength for all things in Christ Who empowers me [I am ready for anything and equal to anything through Him Who infuses inner strength into me; I am self-sufficient in Christ’s sufficiency].” Philippians 4v13 (AMP)
“I can do all things through Christ, because He gives me strength.” Philippians 4v13 (New Century Version)

The verses before this, Paul had written that:
“I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances.
I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.
I can do everything through Him who gives me strength.” Philippians 4v11-13 (NIV)

And the same is applicable for us today… unless we do not want to do the work. Through Him who infuses inner strength into us, we are self-sufficient in His sufficiency; even as we know that His grace is sufficient for us, His power, strength is made perfect in weakness (2 Corinthians 12v9). You have to go to work today, and you don’t feel up to it, He can give you strength to do it. Need to wake up to pray, He can give you the strength to do it. For everything that needs to be done – tithing, worshipping, praising, being diligent, working on a cold day, or an extremely hot day, not getting angry, loving … through Christ Who gives us strength, we can do that. Tap into that today.

Have a very blessed day.

Father we thank You so much because Your grace is sufficient for us, and Your strength is made perfect in weakness. Therefore we can boast all the more gladly about our weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest upon us. That is, for Christ’s sake, we delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when we are weak, then we are strong. Hallelujah. Glory be to Your Holy name, in Jesus name we pray, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts