Keep Watch and Pray!

Hello everyone,

Happy Monday! How are you doing on this Monday? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord? Yesterday, we were playing a game in Church, and one question on the sheet of game paper was which name of the Dwarfs in Snow White best describes you and why? The 7 names are Dopey, Sleepy, Doc, Happy, Bashful, Sneezy, and Grumpy. Mine was definitely Happy, cause I like to bubble. Hallelujah.

Alright, we thank God for His grace upon our lives and the fact that He has gone to prepare a place for us so that where He is, we also can be (John 14v2-3). We await His coming. One advice for us, as those awaiting the coming of their Lord – just as the ten virgins did for their bridegroom – is seen in Matthew 24v42-44:

“Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come.
But understand this: If the owner of the house had known at what time of night the thief was coming, he would have kept watch and would not have let his house be broken into.
So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect Him.” Matthew 24v42-44 (New International Version)

“Watch therefore [give strict attention, be cautious and active], for you do not know in what kind of a day [whether a near or remote one] your Lord is coming.
But understand this: had the householder known in what [part of the night, whether in a night or morning] watch the thief was coming, he would have watched and would not have allowed his house to be undermined and broken into.” Matthew 24v42-43 (Amplified Bible)

So beloved, be on your guard. Be active, and watchful. “Take ye heed, watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is.” (Mark 13v33)

Have a very blessed day.

--
Perhaps you have been dilly-dallying with Jesus, now is the time to get it right with Him.

And perhaps you do not even know Jesus as your Lord and personal Saviour, and you want to have a relationship with Him. The Bible says:

“That if you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.
For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.” Romans 10v9-10

You can say this prayer: Heavenly Father, I come to You today, confessing that I am a sinner. I am sorry for all that I have done and ask that You forgive me for all of my sins and cleanse me from all unrighteousness. Lord Jesus, I ask that You be Lord and Saviour over my life. I believe that You came to die for my sins, and that God raised You from the dead. Thank You Father for translating me out of the kingdom of darkness into the Kingdom of Your dear Son. Thank You for sealing me with Your Holy Spirit of promise. Please keep me till the end in You, and may Your Name alone be glorified in my life, in Jesus name I pray, amen.

If you said this prayer today, know that you are now a child of God and that there is much jubilation in heaven because of you. Begin to attend a Bible-believing church, and keep the faith! Welcome into God’s family.

Comments

Popular Posts