On being meek

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord. We thank God for His love, His grace, His mercy, His joy. For everything. He is faithful! The Bible tells us that:

“But the meek shall inherit the earth; and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace.” Psalm 37v11

One of the fruit of the Spirit as we see in Galatians 5v23 is meekness. Psalm 37v11 is re-iterated in Matthew 5v5 and says:

“Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.”

Jesus described Himself as meek as well in Matthew 11v28-30 where He says:

“Come unto Me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Take My yoke upon you, and learn of Me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
For My yoke is easy, and My burden is light.” Matthew 11v28-30

Some synonyms for the word meek include humble, timid, gentle, submissive, docile, modest. Jesus is telling us to take His yoke and learn of Him, why? Because He is meek and lowly in heart. I encourage you to look through Scripture and seek out His heart – how did He react to situations, what were His ideals, how did He show love to others…. And be blessed as you do so in Jesus name, amen.

Have a very blessed day.

Prayer point: Lord please grant me the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit.

Comments

Popular Posts