Steps!

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord. We thank God for His Word and His great love for us. The Bible says in Psalm 37v23 that:

“The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and He delighteth in his way.” Psalm 37v23 (KJV)

Meaning that a good man has his ways directed by God, and that God Himself takes pleasure in the direction that this person is headed. Hallelujah! Another versions says:

“The steps of a [good] man are directed and established by the Lord when He delights in his way [and He busies Himself with His every step].” Psalm 37v23 (Amplified Bible)

Meaning that when God is delighted in the direction a person is going, God Himself becomes involved in directing and establishing the steps of that person, and busying Himself with the person’s every step. Wow. Yet another version says:

“The LORD directs the steps of the godly. He delights in every detail of their lives.” Psalm 37v23 (New Living Translation).

Meaning, when a person is godly, God directs their steps, and He is delighted in the details (aspects, facets) of their lives. The details of our lives could be spiritual details, emotional details, financial details, friend details, loved one details e.t.c… Still another version says:

“When people’s steps follow the LORD, God is pleased with their ways.” Psalm 37v23 (New Century Version)

Meaning, God is pleased with a person’s ways, when they follow Him in their steps. Hallelujah. And then the New International Version says:

“If the LORD delights in a man’s way, He makes his steps firms;” Psalm 37v23 (New International Version)

Meaning, God will establish the steps of the man whose ways He delights in.

What steps are you taking?

Have a very blessed day.

Prayer point: Lord, may I follow Your leading and guidance in every step I take in life, that my way in general may be pleasing to You, so that You in turn will establish my steps and delight in the details of my life, that Your name alone be glorified in Jesus name, amen.

And perhaps your steps have never even followed the LORD’s, you not knowing Jesus as your Lord and personal Saviour, and you would like to have a relationship with Him. The Bible says:

“That if you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.
For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.” Romans 10v9-10

You can say this prayer: Heavenly Father, I come to You today, confessing that I am a sinner. I am sorry for all that I have done and ask that You forgive me for all of my sins and cleanse me from all unrighteousness. Lord Jesus, I ask that You be Lord and Saviour over my life. I confess You as Lord, and I believe that You came to die for my sins, and that God raised You from the dead. Thank You Father for translating me out of the kingdom of darkness into the Kingdom of Your dear Son. Thank You for sealing me with Your Holy Spirit of promise. Please keep me till the end in You, and may Your Name alone be glorified in my life, in Jesus name I pray, amen.

If you said this prayer today, know that you are now a child of God and that there is much jubilation in heaven because of you. Begin to attend a Bible-believing church, and keep the faith! And study the Word of God. Welcome into God’s family.

Comments

Popular Posts