Satisfaction in Famines.

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord. Psalm 67v5-7 talks about “Let the people praise Thee, O God; let all the people praise Thee. Then shall the earth yield her increase; and God, even our own God, shall bless us. God shall bless us; and all the ends of the earth shall fear Him.” Praise the LORD! Now, continuing with Psalm 37, we see that verses 18&19 say that:

“The LORD knoweth the days of the upright: and their inheritance shall be for ever.
They shall not be ashamed in the evil time: and in the days of famine they shall be satisfied.” Psalm 37v18&19 (KJV)

Hallelujah. A classic example of satisfaction, a great one in fact in times of famine, is demonstrated in the life of Isaac. Did you know that Isaac sowed in the time of famine and he yielded great increase? Lets see what the Bible says in Genesis 26:

“AND THERE was famine in the land, beside the first famine that was in the days of Abraham. And Isaac went unto Abimelech king of the Philistines unto Gerar.
And the LORD appeared unto him, and said, Go not down into Egypt; dwell in the land which I shall tell thee of.
Sojourn in this land, and I will be with thee, and will bless thee; for unto thee, and unto thy seed, I will give all these countries, and I will perform the oath which I sware unto Abraham thy father;
And I will make thy seed to multiply as the stars of heaven, and will give unto thy seed all these countries; and in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed.
Because that Abraham obeyed My voice, and kept My charge, My commandments, My statutes, and My laws.
And Isaac dwelt in Gerar:

Then Isaac sowed in that land, and received in the same year an hundredfold: and the LORD blessed him.
And the man waxed great, and went forward, and grew until He became very great.
For he had possession of flocks, and possession of herds, and great store of servants: and the Philistines envied him.” Genesis 26v1-6,12-14 (KJV)

Even in famine, the children of the Most High shall be blessed. Remember what the Bible says in Matthew 6v:25-34

“”So My counsel is: Don’t worry about things- food, drink, and clothes. For you already have life and a body – and they are far more important than what to eat and wear. Look at the birds! They don’t worry about what to eat – they don’t sow or reap or store up food – for your heavenly Father feeds them. And you are far more valuable to Him than they are. Will all your worries add a single moment to your life?
“And why worry about your clothes? Look at the field lilies! They don’t worry about theirs. Yet King Solomon in all his glory was not clothed as beautifully as they. And if God cares so wonderfully for flowers that are here today and gone tomorrow, won’t He more surely care for you, O men of little faith?
“So don’t worry at all about having enough food and clothing. Why be like the heathen? For they take pride in all these things and are deeply concerned about them. But your heavenly Father already knows perfectly well that you need them, and He will give them to you if you give Him first place in your life and live as He wants you to.
“So don’t be anxious about tomorrow. God will take care of your tomorrow too. Live one day at a time.” Matthew 6 v 25-34 (The Living Bible)

Prayer point: Father, please grant me the grace to make You first place in my life and live as You want me to in Jesus name, amen. May I seek first Your kingdom and Your righteousness, all the days of my life in Jesus name, amen. May Your Name alone be glorified in my life, and may the earth be filled with the knowledge of the glory of God, as the waters cover the sea in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts