God working in you

Hello everyone,
How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord. We thank God for another day that He has made, which we can rejoice and be glad in. In Philippians 2v12-13, we see Paul exhorting the Philippians, on obedience, and seeking to please God. He encourages them that even though he is not present with them, their obedience should still continue, and they should work out their salvation with fear and trembling. Amazingly enough, he points out the fact that they do not need to be obedient or work out their salvation in their own strength, but that God Himself was working in them, “… [energizing and creating in you the power and desire], both to will and to work for His good pleasure and satisfaction and delight.” Philippians 2v13 (AMP).

Primary Text: Philippians 2v12-13
“Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of His good pleasure.” Philippians 2v12-13 (KJV)

“Dear friends, you always followed my instructions when I was with you. And now that I am away, it is even more important. Work hard to show the results of your salvation, obeying God with deep reverence and fear. For God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases Him.” Philippians 2v12-13 (NIV)

“Therefore, my dear ones, as you have always obeyed [my suggestions], so now, not only [with the enthusiasm you would show] in my presence but much more because I am absent, work out (cultivate, carry out to the goal and fully complete) your own salvation with reverence and awe and trembling (self-distrust, with serious caution, tenderness of conscience, watchfulness against temptation, timidly shrinking from whatever might offend God and discredit the name of Christ). [Not in your own strength] for it is God Who is all the while effectually at work in you [energizing and creating in you the power and desire], both to will and to work for His good pleasure and satisfaction and delight.” Philippians 2v12-13 (AMP)

One of the ways God works in us, is through His Spirit. We thus see the Bible remind us that as many as are led by the Spirit of God are the sons of God (Romans 8v14). But it is possible to be led and not to follow. So in a sense while we do not have to please and obey God in our own strength, we still need to follow His leading.

Supplementary Texts
“Those who belong to Christ Jesus have nailed the passions and desires of their sinful nature to His cross and crucified them there. Since we are living by the Spirit, let us follow the Spirit’s leading in every part of our lives.” Galatians 5v24-25 (NLT)

Prayer
Father, I thank You and acknowledge Your Lordship over my life. Thank You for giving me the desire and power to do what pleases you. I put my flesh under today even as I seek to follow the leading of Your Spirit in every area of my life in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts