The Strategy in Confronting a Bigger Army

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord and that you had a terrific Sunday. So what do you do when you are confronted with a larger than life problem? Something that left to you, you are definitely going to lose out, when you are confronted with a Goliath. King Asa, who had had peace in his kingdom, came to that point in time.

Primary Text: 2 Chronicles 14v8-11
“Asa had an army of three hundred thousand men from Judah, equipped with large shields and with spears, and two hundred and eighty thousand from Benjamin, armed with small shields and with bows. All these were brave fighting men. Zerah the Cushite marched out against them with a vast army and three hundred chariots, and came as far as Mareshah. Asa went out to meet him, and they took up battle positions in the Valley of Zephathah neat Mareshah. Then Asa called to the LORD his God and said, “LORD, there is no one like You to help the powerless against the mighty. Help us, O LORD our God, for we rely on You, and in Your name we have come against this vast army. O LORD, You are our God; do not let man prevail against you.” 2 Chronicles 14v8-11 (NIV)

Asa was confronted with Zerah, who had a bigger army than he did. He felt powerless before this vast army. What is making you feel powerless today? Is it work, school, your children, your marriage, your family, sickness, a major decision, finances, loneliness, guilt, shame, sin, a law suit, divorce, disappointment, ... Whatever it is, stand up and confront it as Asa did in the name of the Lord, calling out to God who alone is able to help the powerless against the mighty. Hallelujaaaaaaah. There is nothing too hard for God.

Supplementary Texts
“I sought the LORD, and He heard me, and delivered me from all my fears. They looked unto Him, and were lightened: and their faces were not ashamed. This poor man cried, and the LORD heard him, and saved him out of all his troubles. The angel of the LORD encampeth round about them that fear Him, and delivereth them…. The eyes of the LORD are upon the righteous, and His ears are open unto their cry. The face of the LORD is against them that do evil, to cut off the remembrance of them from the earth. The righteous cry, and the LORD heareth, and delivereth them out of all their troubles. The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit. Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the LORD delivereth Him out of them all.” Psalm 34v4-7, 15-19

“I will call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies. The sorrows of death compassed me, and the floods of ungodly men made me afraid. The sorrows of hell compassed me about: the snares of death prevented me. In my distress I called upon the LORD, and cried unto my God: He heard my voice out of His temple, and my cry came before Him, even into His ears … He sent from above, He took me, He drew me out of many waters. He delivered me from my strong enemy, and from them which hated me: for they were too strong for me.” Psalm 18v3-6,16-17

Prayer
Father I thank You and I call upon You O LORD, who is worthy to be praised, so shall I be saved from mine enemies. The LORD liveth, and blessed be my rock and let the God of my salvation be exalted in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts