Who has the final say (3)?

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord. There is a song which I know, which I believe has quite profound words. It says – “You are God in heaven and on earth, let there be no doubt that You reign. Lord reign, reign over me, let there be no doubt that You reign. Remember me, Lord Jesus Christ, let there be no doubt that You reign. You are in charge and in control, let there be no doubt that You reign.” The Bible talks about how God “…hath made His wonderful works to be remembered…” (Psalm 111v4). When God, who has the final say in and over every situation carries out His wonderful works, they are remembered, and there is no doubt that He reigns. Even the heathen will testify to His greatness.

Primary Text: Psalm 111v4
“He hath made His wonderful works to be remembered: the LORD is gracious and full of compassion.” Psalm 111v4

Supplementary Texts
The Israelites sang: “Thy right hand, O LORD, is become glorious in power: Thy right hand, O LORD, hath dashed in pieces the enemy. And in the greatness of Thine excellency Thou hast overthrown them that rose up against Thee: Thou sentest forth Thy wrath, which consumed them as stubble. And with the blast of Thy nostrils the waters were gathered together, the floods stood upright as an heap, and the depths were congealed in the heart of the sea. The enemy said, I will pursue, I will overtake, I will divide the spoil; my lust shall be satisfied upon them; I will draw my sword, my hand shall destroy them. Thou didst blow with Thy wind, the sea covered them: they sank as lead in the mighty waters. Who is like unto Thee O LORD, among the gods? who is like Thee, glorious in holiness, fearful in praises, doing wonders?” Exodus 15v6-11

Of Nebuchadnezzar: “And at the end of the days I Nebuchadnezzar lifted up mine eyes unto heaven, and mine understanding returned unto me, and I blessed the most High, and I praised and honoured Him that liveth for ever, whose dominion is an everlasting dominion, and His kingdom is from generation to generation: And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing: and He doeth according to His will in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth: and none can stay His hand, or say unto Him, What doest Thou? At the same time my reason returned unto me; and for the glory of my kingdom, mine honour and brightness returned unto me, and my counsellors and my lords sought unto me; and I was established in my kingdom, and excellent majesty was added unto me. Now I Nebuchadnezzar praise and extol and honour the King of heaven, all whose works are truth, and His ways judgment: and those that walk in pride He is able to abase.” Daniel 4v34-37

Prayer
Father, in the name of Jesus, we praise You for You are the most High. We give glory and strength to Your name forevermore. We pray that Your kingdom come and Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven. We pray that there will be no doubt that You reign in our lives, on earth and in heaven in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts