God Answers!

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord. We thank God for all that He is to us. Now, when we communicate with people, be it someone older, younger, a colleague, we usually expect a response. The amazing thing about God, is that He is also someone who relates with us, and when we speak with Him or come to Him, we can and should be expectant of a response. We see several people like Moses, Abraham, David, that God conversed with. Although, iniquity and sin would separate us from Him (Isaiah 59v1-3).

Primary Text: Exodus 33v11
“And the LORD spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend. And he turned again into the camp: but his servant Joshua, the son of Nun, a young man, departed not out of the tabernacle.” Exodus 33v11 (KJV)

In Exodus 33 we Moses conversing with God and pushing the same issue with God. In 1 Samuel 23v1-4, we see how David communicated with God when he wanted to make an important decision. He even shows how we can go back to God for confirmation, when doubts or resistance arises. God is our Father. He loves us. He is our Counselor, Comforter, Shepherd, and Guide. We can talk with Him and expect Him to respond to us, to ease our doubts, to give us instructions…

Supplementary Texts
A Moses Example: “Moses said to the LORD, “You have been telling me, ‘Lead these people,’ but You have not let me know with whom You will send with me. You have said, ‘I know you by name and you have found favor with Me.’ If You are pleased with me, teach me Your ways so I may know you and continue to find favor with You. Remember this nation is your people.” The LORD replied, “My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.”
Then Moses said to Him, “If Your Presence does not go with us, do not send us up from here. How will anyone know that You are pleased with me and with Your people unless you go with us? What else will distinguish me and Your people from all the other people on the face of the earth?” And the LORD said to Moses, “I will do the very thing you have asked, because I am pleased with you and I know you by name.” Exodus 33v12-17 (NIV)

A David Example: “One day news came to David that the Philistines were at Keilah stealing grain from the threshing floors. David asked the LORD, “Should I go and attack them?” “Yes, go and save Keilah,” the LORD told him. But David’s men said, “We’re afraid even here in Judah. We certainly don’t want to go to Keilah to fight the whole Philistine army!” So David asked the LORD again, and again the LORD replied, “Go down to Keilah, for I will help you conquer the Philisitines.” 1 Samuel 23v1-4 (NLT)

A Habakkuk example: “I will stand at my watch and station myself on the ramparts; I will look to see what He will say to me, and what answer I am to give to this complaint. Then the LORD replied: …” Habakkuk 2v1-2 (NIV)

Prayer
Father, we thank You for we can communicate with You, in the name of Jesus.

Comments

Popular Posts