God Alone

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord. There is a song which goes: “This far I’ve come with the Lord on my side, I see He’s faithful the Lord is very faithful (*2). He’s Ebenzer, the Lord is Ebenzer, I see He’s faithful, the Lord is very faithful.” And faithful can be substituted with other things.

Primary Text:
“He found them in a desert, a windy, empty land. He surrounded them and brought them up, guarding them as those He loved very much. He was like an eagle building its nest that flutters over its young. It spreads its wings to catch them and carries them on its feathers. The LORD alone led them, and there was no foreign god helping Him.

The Lord brought them to the heights of the land and fed them the fruit of the fields. He gave them honey from the rocks, bringing oil from the solid rock. There were milk curds from the cows and milk from the flock; there were fat sheep and goats. There were sheep and goats from Bashan and the best of the wheat. You drank the juice of grapes.

Israel grew fat and kicked; they were fat and full and firm. They left the God who made them and rejected the Rock who saved them. They made God jealous with foreign gods and angry with hateful idols. They made sacrifices to demons, not God, to gods they had never known, new gods from nearby, gods your ancestors did not fear. You left God who is the Rock, your Father, and you forgot the God who gave you birth.” Deuteronomy 32v10-18 (New Century Version).

Where we have come thus far, it is the Lord that has brought us, and no foreign god was helping Him. If He was faithful to bring us thus far, why do we at times think He needs help after a certain point? Why do we sometimes forget that He is our Rock? Why do we sometimes forget that He can make available for us from the unavailable, like bringing honey from the rocks, as well as from the available, like giving milk from the flock? If God alone did lead us, and bring us to the heights of the land, why do we try to make Him jealous with foreign gods? Why do we leave the Rock, our Father, and forget the One who gave us birth?

Supplementary Texts
“Whom have I in heaven but Thee? and there is none upon earth that I desire beside Thee. My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever.” Psalm 73v25-26 (KJV)

Prayer
Father in the name of Jesus, I thank You because You have been my Ebenezer. You are my Maker, my Lord, my Strength, and my God. Father today I come and ask that in anyway I have drifted from You, sought other gods, forgotten You, neglected You, substituted You, have mercy on me. Forgive me in Jesus name, amen. I come back to You O God saying whom have I in heaven but You and there is none upon earth that I desire beside Thee. Have Your way in this life, for it belongs to You, now and always in Jesus name I pray, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts