The Good Shepherd

Hello everyone,
How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord. We thank God for being our good Shepherd.

Primary Text: Psalm 23v1-6 (NLT)
“The LORD is my shepherd; I have all that I need.
He lets me rest in green meadows; He leads me beside peaceful streams.
He renews my strength. He guides me along right paths, bringing honor to His name.
Even when I walk through the darkest valley, I will not be afraid, for You are close beside me. Your rod and Your staff protect and comfort me.
You prepare a feast for me in the presence of my enemies. You honor me by anointing my head with oil. My cup overflows with blessings.
Surely Your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me all the days of my life, and I will live in the house of the LORD forever.” Psalm 23v1-6 (NLT)

Jesus is our Shepherd, and the head of the Church. He is so good that He gave His life for us His sheep. He goes ahead of us, and we follow Him. In Him is life. Psalm 23 paints such a serene picture of the Lord and His sheep. It portrays a sense of deep contentment, of rest, even in the time of storm and hardship. Reminds me of when Jesus told His disciples in Mark 4v35-41 that “Let us pass over unto the other side”, and on the way over, “arose a great storm of wind, and the waves beat into the ship, so that it was now full.” The disciples were frightened, and woke up Jesus who was sleeping and asked Him, “Master, carest Thou not that we perish?” And Jesus “arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, “Peace, be still. And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm.” But He asked His disciples an important question, “Why are ye so fearful? how is it that ye have no faith?” Today, perhaps you need to hear these words – why are ye so fearful? how is it that ye have no faith? Jesus is our Shepherd and HE CARES. Surely His goodness and lovingkindness will follow us all the days of our lives. Trust in your Shepherd. He will bring you to your desired haven in Jesus name, amen. (See Psalm 107v23-30).

Supplementary Texts
“But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep. To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out. And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: and they know his voice.

Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep. All that ever came before Me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them. I am the door: by Me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture. The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth His life for the sheep. (John 10v 2-4, 7-11)
Prayer
Father, thank You for being our Shepherd in Jesus name, amen.


And perhaps you do not have Jesus as your Shepherd, and Lord and personal Saviour. Perhaps you do not have a relationship with Him where He guides you and you hear His voice, and you will like to have that, to experience life and life more abundantly. The Bible says:

“That if you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.
For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.” Romans 10v9-10

You can say this prayer: Heavenly Father, I come to You today, confessing that I am a sinner. I am sorry for all that I have done and ask that You forgive me for all of my sins and cleanse me from all unrighteousness. Lord Jesus, I ask that You be Lord and Saviour over my life. I believe that You came to die for my sins, and that God raised You from the dead. Thank You Father for translating me out of the kingdom of darkness into the Kingdom of Your dear Son. Thank You for sealing me with Your Holy Spirit of promise. Please keep me till the end in You, and may Your Name alone be glorified in my life, in Jesus name I pray, amen.

If you said this prayer today, know that you are now a child of God and that there is much jubilation in heaven because of you. Begin to attend a Bible-believing church, and keep the faith! Welcome into God’s family.

Comments

Popular Posts