A Pure Heart

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord. We thank God because we serve a mighty God, and He is “…Him Who is able to keep you without stumbling or slipping or falling, and to present [you] unblemished (blameless and faultless) before the presence of His glory in triumphant joy and exultation [with unspeakable, ecstatic delight]--.” Jude 1v24(AMP)

Primary Text: 2 Chronicles 15v8
“And when Asa heard these words, and the prophecy of Oded the prophet, he took courage, and put away the abominable idols out of all the land of Judah and Benjamin, and out of the cities which he had taken from mount Ephraim, and renewed the altar of the LORD, that was before the porch of the LORD.” 2 Chronicles 15v8 (KJV)

King Asa heard certain words, prophectic words, that caused him to take action, to clear away the idols that were in the land, those from mount Ephraim, and renew the altar of the LORD. When he first became king, he had done “… that which was good and right in the eyes of the LORD his God: For he took away the altars of strange gods, and the high places, and brake down the images, and cut down the groves: and commanded Judah to seek the LORD God of their fathers, and to do the law and the commandment.” (2 Chronicles 14v2-4) But it seems as though he and the people came to a time when they needed to cleanse themselves again, when the land had to once again be purified. Sometimes we may get to that stage ourselves when unknowingly, certain idols might have crept in, and we need to ask God to purge and cleanse us anew.

Supplementary Texts
“Search me [thoroughly], O God, and know my heart! Try me and know my thoughts! And see if there is any wicked or hurtful way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.” Psalm 139v23-24 (AMP)

“Create in me a clean heart, O God. Renew a loyal spirit within me. Do not banish me from Your presence and don’t take your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of Your salvation, and make me willing to obey You.” Psalm 51v10-12 (NLT)

“Who can discern his lapses and errors? Clear me from hidden [and unconscious] faults. Keep back Your servant also from presumptuous sins; let them not have dominion over me! Then shall I be blameless, and I shall be innocent and clear of great transgression. Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in Your sight, O Lord, my [firm, impenetrable] Rock and my Redeemer.” Psalm 19v12-14 (AMP)

Prayer
Father, I thank You for Your Word this day, and I pray that You help me to live a life that is holy and pleasing to You in Jesus name, amen. “To the one only God, our Savior through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory (splendor), majesty, might and dominion, and power and authority, before all time and now and forever (unto all the ages of eternity). Amen (so be it).”

Comments

Popular Posts