Interceding for Others

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord. We thank God for the power of prayer, and even the fact that we can pray for others. We see this continually in the Bible where one person prays for another group of people. Even now, God the Son and the Holy Spirit are continually interceding for us (Hebrews 7v25, Romans 8v26&27). How wonderful. While on earth, Jesus exemplifies this:

Primary Text: Luke 22v31-32
“And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan have desired to have you that he may sift you as wheat: But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.” Luke 22v31-32 (KJV)

One Pastor commenting on this wrote “As I read this, my own prayer is: "Lord, give all of us that kind of love for each other!" When we see someone heading for trouble or disaster, let us love them enough to warn them as a caring friend. Let us be able to say, "I have been praying for you. I am praying for you. And I will pray for you. I am here for you, no matter what." (Wilkerson, 2010). We see another example of intercession, where God was talking to Abraham about Sodom and Gomorrah, and Abraham made intercession because Lot his nephew was there (Genesis 18v20-33). In the book of Job, we see God being angry with Job’s friends, and saying “So take seven bulls and seven rams and go to My servant Job and offer a burnt offering for yourselves. My servant Job will pray for you, and I will accept his prayer on your behalf. I will not treat you as you deserve, for you have not spoken accurately about Me, as My servant Job has.” (Job 42v8). Job prayed for his friends, and the Lord answered his prayers. The Bible says “Bear ye one another’s burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.” (Galatians 6v2, KJV). Let us continually remember one another, our sisters, brothers, and believers all over the world in prayer.

Supplementary Text:
“I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given Me; for they are Thine… Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on Me through their word;” (John 17v9&20, KJV)

Prayer
Father, I thank You for Your Word this day. I thank You for the power of intercession. Lord Jesus I thank You for You are even now interceding for me. Thank You Holy Spirit of God for doing the same. Father, I pray for a heart of compassion, and the grace to pray with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, at all times and on every occasion. Help me to stay alert and be persistent in prayers for all believers everywhere in Jesus name, amen.

Sifted Saints, by David Wilkerson. December 13, 2010. http://www.worldchallenge.org/node/10967,

Comments

Popular Posts