Why Pray (3)

Hello everybody,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord. I know some people will say this bubbling, bubbling, but the great thing is that regardless of what happens to us or what we go through, we know it is well. Jesus has overcome, and we are assured of victory through Christ. Hallelujah. Also, we thank God for the power to pray, to be able to bring all our anxieties and cares to the Lord. Again, the Bible tells us:

Primary Text: Psalm 138v3
“In the day when I called, You answered me; and You strengthened me with strength (might and inflexibility to temptation) in my inner self.” Psalm 138v3 (AMP).

“On the day I called to You, You answered me. You made me strong and brave.” Psalm 138v3 (NCV)

When we pray, we acknowledge God, His power and invite Him into the situation. There is deliverance when we pray. Psalm 34v4 says “I sought the LORD, and He answered me; He delivered me from all my fears.” Acts 12v5 tells us of when Peter was kept in jail, “… prayer was made without ceasing of the church unto God for him. And the angel of the Lord came to release him from prison (Acts 12). Also, Paul and Silas prayed and sang praises to God when they were in prison, and an earthquake came loosening their chains (Acts 16v25-26). When we pray, we receive revelation – the Lord saying “Call unto Me and I will answer you and show you great and mighty things which you do not know of.” (Jeremiah 33v3). Prayer also brings peace, for the Word says - “Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank Him for all He has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 4v6-7, NLT). I love the fact that if it is a care for us (don’t think it is too little, or trivial, or too much) we can take it to the Lord. We can take everything to Him in prayer, and everyone, from the littlest child who has just learnt to talk to the oldest person.

Supplementary Text:
“Therefore humble yourselves [denote, lower yourselves in your own estimation] under the mighty hand of God, that in due time He may exalt you, Casting the whole of your care [all your anxieties, all your worries, all your concerns, once and for all] on Him, for He cares for you affectionately and cares about you watchfully.” 1 Peter 5v6-7 (AMP)

Prayer
Father, I thank You so much for goodness. We thank You so much for the ability and the power to pray. We pray for the grace to continue to pray at all times with all kinds of prayer, in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts