In Everything Give Thanks (2)

Hello everybody,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord. “Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of His knowledge by us in every place.” (2 Corinthians 2v14, KJV).

Primary Text: 1 Thessalonians 5v18
“In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.” 1 Thessalonians 5v18 (KJV)

We thank God because “Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.” (Hebrews 13v8). Jesus was merciful and faithful yesterday, and He is to day and He will be for ever. He loved us yesterday, and He does to day, and He will for ever. He was powerful yesterday, He is to day and He will forever be. He interceded for us yesterday, He is doing so to day, and He will forever. Hallelujah! Our God says “I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.” (Revelations 1v8, KJV). We thank God for as the Psalmist said “He delivereth me from mine enemies; yea, Thou liftest me up above those that rise up against me: Thou hast delivered me from the violent man. Therefore will I give thanks unto Thee, O LORD, among the heathen, and sing praises unto Thy name.” (Psalm 18v48-49, KJV). And God hasn’t changed, He did it before, He is still doing it now, and will continue to do it – to ordain victories for His own in Christ. We thank Him for as Paul said – “And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow – not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love. No power in the sky above or in the earth below – indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord.” (Romans 8v37-38, NLT).

Supplementary Text:
“I waited patiently for the LORD to help me, and He turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the pit of despair, out of the mud and the mire. He set my feet on solid ground and steadied me as I walked along. He has given me a new song to sing, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see what He has done and be amazed. They will put their trust in the LORD.” Psalm 40v1-3 (NLT)

Prayer
Father, Son and Holy Spirit, I just say thank You, thank You, thank You, in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts