Our Work (2)

Hello everybody,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord. There were certain verses of Scripture which I never saw as applicable to me, until not too long ago, when I heard a message preached about it. The verses go:

Primary Text: Ephesians 6v5-8
“Slaves, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear, and with sincerity of heart, just as you would obey Christ. Obey them not only to win their favor when their eye is on you, but as slaves of Christ, doing the will of God from you heart. Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not people, because you know that the Lord will reward each one for whatever good they do, whether they are slave or free.” Ephesians 6v5-8 (NIV)

The message I heard looked at different types of relationships, as we see in Ephesians 5 and 6, including that between slave and master as one being between employee and employer/boss. I hadn’t considered it in that sense before. But many of us have bosses, or are employed by another person. How do we relate with them? Do we respect them? Do we fear them? Or do we just see them as our source of income? Do we only work when we see them watching us? The Bible says to work wholeheartedly, enthusiastically, as if you were serving the Lord, and not man. David served Saul well, regardless of Saul’s animosity towards him. Joseph worked well, as did Daniel, in whom they could not find anything wrong with, except with regards to His God. We thank God for His Spirit with us to help us, and counsel us, and comfort and guide us. Regardless of what kind of work situation you have, work as unto the Lord and not to man, and draw on His grace, strength, and wisdom to help to fulfill well, all tasks that need to be done.

Supplementary Text:
“Servants, obey in all things your masters according to the flesh; not with eyeservice, as menpleasers; but in singleness of heart, fearing God; And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men; Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ. But he that doeth wrong shall receive for the wrong which he hath done: and there is no respect of persons.” Colossians 3v22-25 (KJV)

Prayer Point
Father, we thank You so much for Word this day. Thank You for You care for us. Father, I thank You for my employer. I thank You for his/her life. Please bless them. If they do not know You, I pray You draw them to You. Grant me the grace to respect, fear, and work for them as unto You, and not unto man. Grant me wisdom and humility as I work. And may Your name be glorified in the work I do in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts