Choose Life!

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord. We thank God for His goodness, His faithfulness, His lovingkindness and tendermercies. Indeed He is faithful.

Primary Text: Deuteronomy 30v19-20
“I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that thou and thy seed may live: That thou mayest love the LORD thy God, and that thou mayest obey His voice, and that thou mayest cleave unto Him: for He is thy life, and the length of thy days: that thou mayest dwell in the land which the LORD sware unto thy fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them.” Deuteronomy 30v19-20 (KJV)
Choose life, brethren, choose life. The Lord said: “And this is life eternal, that they might know Thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom Thou hast sent.” (John 17v3, KJV). Do you know the Lord? Do you have a relationship with Him? “Thus saith the LORD, Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom, neither let the mighty man glory in his might, let not the rich man glory in his riches: But let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth Me, that I am the LORD which exercise lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness, in the earth: for in these things I delight, saith the LORD.” (Jeremiah 9v23-24, KJV). Choose life. Choose to know the Lord, and walk with Him, to please Him and hearken to His Word. Choose life – choose to be a doer of the Word and not only a hearer thus deceiving yourself (James 1v22, KJV). Choose your words wisely – “The tongue can bring death or life; those who love to talk will reap the consequences.” (Proverbs 18v21, NLT). Choose who you associate with – “Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners.” (1 Corinthians 15v33, KJV). Choose to trust in the Lord and not lean on your own understanding. Love the Lord, obey His voice, cleave to Him, He is our life, and the length of our days (Proverbs 3v5, KJV). Hallelujah.

Supplementary Text
“Enter through the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and spacious and broad is the way that leads away to destruction, and many are those who are entering through it. But the gate is narrow (contracted by pressure) and the way is straitened and compressed that leads away to life, and few are those who find it.” Matthew 7v13-14 (AMP)

Prayer
Father, we thank You so much for Your goodness. Father, please grant me the grace, and the wisdom to make the right decisions, everyday, to always choose life in the name of Jesus.

And perhaps you do not even know Jesus as your Lord and personal Saviour, you have not made that important decision and chosen life, and you want to have a relationship with Him. The Bible says:

“That if you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.

For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.” Romans 10v9-10

You can say this prayer: Heavenly Father, I come to You today, confessing that I am a sinner. I am sorry for all that I have done and ask that You forgive me for all of my sins and cleanse me from all unrighteousness. Lord Jesus, I ask that You be Lord and Saviour over my life. I believe that You came to die for my sins, and that God raised You from the dead. Thank You Father for translating me out of the kingdom of darkness into the Kingdom of Your dear Son. Thank You for sealing me with Your Holy Spirit of promise. Please keep me till the end in You, and may Your Name alone be glorified in my life, in Jesus name I pray, amen.

If you said this prayer today, know that you are now a child of God and that there is much jubilation in heaven because of you. Begin to attend a Bible-believing church, and keep the faith! Welcome into God’s family.

Comments

Popular Posts