Our Work

Hello everybody,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord. Many of us in one way or the other are engaged in one kind of work or the other. It could be ministry within the body or to the body of Christ, or even our jobs from which we gain an income, or even working for others, our parents, planning a project, or a holiday or a fun thing. The wonderful thing with whichever work we are doing is that we can commit it into the hands of the Lord, and have Him establish our thoughts. The Bible says:

Primary Text: Proverbs 16v3
“Roll your works upon the Lord [commit and trust them wholly to Him; He will cause your thoughts to become agreeable to His will, and] so shall your plans be established and succeed.” Proverbs 16v3 (AMP)

This verse is very clear about us committing what we do to the Lord, and He will make our thoughts to become agreeable to His will. In fact, Psalm 32v8 says “The Lord says, “I will make you wise and show you where to go. I will guide you and watch over you.” (Psalm 32v8, NCV). The New Living Translation says “The LORD says, “I will guide you along the best pathway for your life. I will advise you and watch over you. Do not be like a senseless horse or mule that needs a bit and bridle to keep it under control.” (Psalm 32v8-9, NLT). One might ask, how do I know how God is leading? How can I hear from God? How, how? Well, have you committed it to God? Are you talking to Him about your plans? Are you open to what He is saying to you? Proverbs 3v5-6 (AMP) says: “Lean on, trust in, and be confident in the Lord with all your heart and mind and do not rely on your own insight or understanding. In all your ways know, recognize, and acknowledge Him, and He will direct and make straight and plain your paths.” Easy as it may seem, the direction we are given is to acknowledge God in all our ways, and He will direct our path. “Commit your way to the Lord [roll and repose each care of your load on Him]; trust (lean on, rely on, and be confident) also in Him and He will bring it to pass.” (Psalm 37v5, AMP). Hallelujah.

Supplementary Text:
“And let the beauty of the LORD our God be upon us: and establish Thou the work of our hands upon us; yea, the work of our hands establish Thou it.” Psalm 90v17 (KJV)

Prayer Point
Father, we thank You so much for Word this day. Thank You for You care for us. Father, I commit my work (my way, my family, my life…) into Your hands. I acknowledge You in it. Father glorify Yourself in my life. Lead me in the way that I should go. Grant me wisdom for all that needs to be done. I trust in You and rely on You now and evermore, in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts