Waiting on the LORD

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord. We’ve heard it said that we usually want to know what is going to happen in the future. But for the most part, we hardly ever know. The Bible even says we should not boast about tomorrow for we do not know what a day will bring forth (Proverbs 27v1). But the one thing we can depend on is God and His Word. “Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of His knowledge by us in every place.” (2 Corinthians 2v14).

Primary Text: Psalm 27v13&14
“[What, what would have become of me] had I not believed that I would see the Lord’s goodness in the land of the living! Wait and hope for and expect the Lord; be brave and of good courage and let your heart be stout and enduring. Yes, wait for and hope for and expect the Lord.” Psalm 27v13&14 (AMP)

How many of us would have fainted if we had not had not believed in the goodness of the Lord, His faithfulness and His promises. Even if we do not understand, we know He will come through. Indeed “For the vision is yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak, and not lie: though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry. Behold, his soul which is lifted up is not upright in him: but the just shall live by his faith.” Habakkuk 2v3-4 (KJV). Isaiah 30v18 tells us that blessed are those who wait for the Lord. Indeed, in waiting for the Lord, He renews our strength; He renews the strength and power of those “[who expect, look for, and hope in Him]” (Isaiah 40v31, AMP). I don’t know what you are waiting on the LORD for, but continue to be expectant, to hope in, and depend on Him. He is faithful.

Supplementary Text:
“How abundant are the good things that you have stored up for those who fear you, that you bestow in the sight of all, on those who take refuge in You. In the shelter of Your presence You hide them from all human intrigues; You keep them safe in Your dwelling from accusing tongues. Praise be to the LORD, for He showed me the wonders of His love when I was in a city under siege. In my alarm I said, “I am cut off from Your sight!” Yet You heard me cry for mercy when I called to You for help. Love the LORD, all His faithful people! The LORD preserves those who are true to Him, but the proud He pays back in full. Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the LORD.” Psalm 31v19-24 (NIV)

Prayer
Father, I thank You for Your Word and for the great goodness You have stored up for me. Grant me the grace to continue to wait on You, in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts