Take heed


Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord. We thank God for His goodness, faithfulness, loving kindness and tender mercies. Indeed He is faithful.

Primary Text
“If you think you are standing strong, be careful not to fall.” 1 Corinthians 10v12 (NLT)

“Therefore let anyone who thinks he stands [who feels sure that he has a steadfast mind and is standing firm], take heed lest he fall [into sin].” 1 Corinthians 10v12 (NLT)

The Bible here admonishes us that if you think you are fine, be careful not to fall into sin. As believers, we may sometimes think I’m good, me and God are cool, I cannot fall or engage into the same thing that the person next to me did. But the Bible says, be careful. The church in Laodicea for example had become lukewarm. They had a view of themselves as being rich, and having everything they needed. But the Lord had a different view of them, which was that they were wretched, miserable, poor, blind and naked (Revelations 3v14-17). Paul told the Philippians “Therefore, my dear ones, as you have always obeyed [my suggestions] so now, not only [with the enthusiasm you would show] in my presence but much more because I am absent, work out (cultivate, carry out to the goal, and fully complete) your own salvation with reverence and awe and trembling (self-distrust, with serious caution, tenderness of conscience, watchfulness against temptation, timidly shrinking from whatever might offend God and discredit the name of Christ). [Not in your own strength] for it is God Who is all the while effectually at work in you [energizing and creating in you the power and desire], both to will and to work for His good pleasure and satisfaction and delight” (Philippians 2v12, AMP). In other words, beloved, be sensitive; don’t trust your own instincts, but trust the Word of God; be careful, be sober, be vigilant, be aware that you have an adversary who seeks to devour you (1 Peter 5v8); submit to the strength which God gives to live a life that glorifies Him.

Supplementary Text
“For [it is] not [the man] who praises and commends himself who is approved and accepted, but [it is the person] whom the Lord accredits and commends.” 2 Corinthians 10v18 (AMP)

Prayer
Father God, I thank You for Your Word. Please search me and know my heart, try me, and know my thoughts, and point out if there is anything in me that offends You, and lead me along the path of everlasting life in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts