Follow me, follow Christ


Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord.

Primary Text
“Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.” 1 Corinthians 11v1 (KJV)

“Pattern yourselves after me [follow my example], as I imitate and follow Christ (the Messiah).” 1 Corinthians 11v1 (AMP)

Paul here encouraged the Corinthians to follow his example, even as he followed that of Christ. We see him encouraging the same in other places as well. 1 Corinthians 4v15-16 (NLT) saying “For even if you had ten thousand others to teach you about Christ, you have only one spiritual father. For I became your father in Christ Jesus when I preached the Good News to you. So I urge you to imitate me.” We thank God for His Word and the example of people of faith and witnesses that have gone ahead of us that we can imitate. Who are you following? Are they following Christ? Philippians 3v17-18 (NIV) says “Join together in following my example, brothers and sisters, and just as you have us as a model, keep your eyes on those who live as we do. For, as I have often told you before and now tell you again even with tears, many live as enemies of the cross of Christ.” I have heard it said that we may be the Bible that other people read. Beloved, how much are you following Christ and being an example that other people can follow? Are you walking the talk? You can’t say you are too young or think no one is watching you. Be an example, and live a life worthy of the calling to which you have been called, for you have been called of God (Ephesians 4v1).

Supplementary Text
“Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity.” 1 Timothy 4v12 (KJV)

Prayer
Heavenly Father, we thank You for Your Word. Thank You for calling us to be Your own. May we live a life worthy of this call in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts