Love: Get better and better at it!

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord.

Primary Text
“Now about your love for one another we do not need to write to you, for you yourselves have been taught by God to love each other. And in fact, you do love all of God’s family throughout Macedonia. Yet we urge you, brothers and sisters, to do so more and more,” 1 Thessalonians 4v9-10 (NIV)

“But concerning brotherly love [for all other Christians], you have no need to have anyone write you, for you yourselves have been [personally] taught by God to love one another. And indeed you already are [extending and displaying your love] to all the brethren throughout Macedonia. But we beseech and earnestly exhort you, brethren, that you excel [in this matter] more and more,” 1 Thessalonians 4v9-10 (AMP)

Beloved, let us become excellent in loving others. Yes, we might have been doing it before, but let’s continue in it and get even better at it; loving even those who do not love us. Let’s search what God says about love and ask for the grace to continue to abound in it; for we know that even “If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but I do not have love, I gain nothing.” (1 Corinthians 13v1-3, NIV).

Supplementary Text
“Above all things have intense and unfailing love for one another, for love covers a multitude of sins [forgives and disregards the offenses of others].” 1 Peter 4v8 (AMP)

Prayer
Father we pray from Philippians 1v9-12 (TLB) that we will overflow more and more with love for others, and at the same time keep on growing in spiritual knowledge and insight, that we may always see clearly the difference between right and wrong, and be inwardly clean, that no one would be able to criticize us from now until our Lord returns. May we always be doing good, kind things that show we are children of God, and may much praise and glory be brought to the Lord in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts