God’s Armor

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord.

Primary Text
“But, brothers and sisters, when we were orphaned by being separated from you for a short time (in person, not in thought), out of our intense longing we made every effort to see you. For we wanted to come to you – certainly I, Paul did, again and again – but Satan blocked our way.” 1 Thessalonians 2v17-18 (NIV)

As believers, we are taught in Ephesians 6 about spiritual warfare. One of the things we learn is that we are to put on God’s armor in this battle – not man’s. Ephesians 6v11 (AMP) says “Put on God’s whole armor [the armor of a heavy-armed soldier which God supplies], that you may be able successfully to stand up against [all] the strategies and the deceits of the devil.” Amen. We thank God because we are on the winning side, and in this spiritual battle, He does not leave us to figure things out ourselves. He has provided us with all that would enable us to stand against the strategies and the wiles of the devil. The armor we have to put on is that which God provides, not which man can conjure up. Why? Because we are told that “For we are not fighting against people made of flesh and blood, but against persons without bodies – the evil rulers of the unseen world, those mighty satanic beings and great evil princes of darkness who rule this world; and against huge numbers of wicked spirits in the spirit world.” (Ephesians 6v12, TLB). 2 Corinthians 10v3-4 reiterates this saying “It is true that I am an ordinary, weak human being, but I don’t use human plans and methods to win my battles. I use God’s mighty weapons, not those made by men, to knock down the devil’s strongholds.” Thank God for His armor.

Supplementary Text
“Therefore put on God’s complete armor, that you may be able to resist and stand your ground on the evil day [of danger], and, having done all [the crisis demands], to stand [firmly in place].” Ephesians 6v13 (AMP).

Prayer
Father, I thank You for the armor You have given to us. This day, I gird my loins with the belt of truth, I put on the breastplate of righteousness, I shod my feet in preparation for the gospel of peace, I take up the shield of faith, and the sword of the Spirit which is the Word of God. Thank You Father God in Jesus name I pray, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts