The Patience of Christ

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord.

Primary Text
“May the Lord direct your hearts into [realizing and showing] the love of God and into the steadfastness and patience of Christ and in waiting for His return.” 2 Thessalonians 3v5 (AMP)

“May the Lord bring you into an ever deeper understanding of the love of God and of the patience that comes from Christ.” 2 Thessalonians 3v5 (TLB)

The Christian walk is one that requires great patience. It could be patience in waiting for certain promises to be fulfilled, patience in walking with others, one of the first attributes of love being that it is patient, and ultimately patience as we wait for the return of our Lord Jesus Christ. Hebrews 6v10-12 (TLB) says “For God is not unfair. How can He forget your hard work for Him, or forget the way you used to show your love for Him – and still do – by helping His children? And we are anxious that you keep right on loving others as long as life lasts, so that you will get your full reward. Then, knowing what lies ahead for you, you won’t become bored with being a Christian nor become spiritually dull and indifferent, but you will be anxious to follow the example of those who receive all that God has promised them because of their strong faith and patience.” Indeed strong faith and patience mark those who have received all that God has promised them. But as we see below, patience helps us to gain maturity.

Supplementary Text
“Consider it wholly joyful, my brethren, whenever you are enveloped in or encounter trials of any sort or fall into various temptations. Be assured and understand that the trial and proving of your faith bring out endurance and steadfastness and patience. But let endurance and steadfastness and patience have full play and do a thorough work, so that you may be [people] perfectly and fully developed [with no defects], lacking in nothing.” James 1v2-4 (AMP)

Prayer

Father, I thank You, I honour You, I glorify Your holy name. I thank You for the love of God that is shed abroad in my heart by the Spirit of God. I pray that You will indeed direct me into the love of God and the patience that comes from Christ. That I will be patient in tribulation, patient as I wait on Your promises and the return of our Lord Jesus Christ, and let patience bloom completely and totally in me that I may be ready for anything, strong in character and full and complete in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts