Psalm 77: Forever, never!

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord. We thank God for His grace, His mercy, His love for us. He is indeed faithful. And though we know the faithfulness of the Lord, there may be times when during tough times we might ask this question like the Psalmist did:

“Will the LORD cast off forever?...” Psalm 77v7 (KJV)
“Has the Lord rejected me forever?...” Psalm 77v7 (NLT)
“Will the Lord walk off and leave us for good?...” (MSG)

When you have such questions? What is the Lord’s reply? Can you guess?

“Let your character or moral disposition be free from love of money [including greed, avarice, lust, and craving for earthly possessions] and be satisfied with your present [circumstances and with what you have]; for He [God] Himself has said, I will not in any way fail you nor give you up nor leave you without support. [I will] not, I [will] not, [I will] not in any degree leave you helpless nor forsake nor let [you] down (relax My hold on you)! [Assuredly not!]

So we take comfort and are encouraged and confidently and boldly say, The Lord is my Helper; I will not be seized with alarm [I will not fear or dread or be terrified]. What can man do to me?” Hebrews 13v5-6 (Amplified Bible)

And the Lord who said:

“Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the LORD thy God, He it is that doth go with thee; He will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.” Deuteronomy 31v6

“And the LORD, He it is that doth go before thee; He will be with thee, He will not fail thee, neither forsake thee: fear not, neither be dismayed.” Deuteronomy 31v8

… He has not changed. So if your question is, will the Lord reject me forever, no. If you have wandered from Him, then go back to Him. If you are in a trial or difficult situation, He will not fail you or forsake you. Don’t fear what man can do, our God is greater.

Have a very wonderful day.

--
And perhaps, you do not have this great and awesome God as your Father. And perhaps you do not even know Jesus as your Lord and personal Saviour, and you want to have a relationship with Him. You want Him to help you and comfort you. To be the One who will never fail you, the Bible says:

“That if you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.
For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.” Romans 10v9-10

You can say this prayer: Heavenly Father, I come to You today, confessing that I am a sinner. I am sorry for all that I have done and ask that You forgive me for all of my sins and cleanse me from all unrighteousness. Lord Jesus, I ask that You be Lord and Saviour over my life. I believe that You came to die for my sins, and that God raised You from the dead. Thank You Father for translating me out of the kingdom of darkness into the Kingdom of Your dear Son. Thank You for sealing me with Your Holy Spirit of promise. Please keep me till the end in You, and may Your Name alone be glorified in my life, in Jesus name I pray, amen.

If you said this prayer today, know that you are now a child of God and that there is much jubilation in heaven because of you. Begin to attend a Bible-believing church, and keep the faith! Welcome into God’s family.

Comments

Popular Posts