Psalm 77: Get up and pray!

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord. We thank God for He is a very present help in trouble. The Psalmist writes in Psalm 77 that:

“I cried unto God for help; I cried out to God to hear me.
When I was in distress, I sought the Lord; at night I stretched out untiring hands and my soul refused to be comforted.” Psalm 77v1-2 (NIV)

Even as believers, there are times of great trouble that comes our way. It could come in different forms. Distressing times, sometimes so deep that other people may not be able to understand it. Sometimes they come unexpectedly, but God knows about these times. When these times come upon us, what is our response. The Psalmist, who is said to be a man after God’s heart says he seeks (inquires of and desperately require) God in the day of His trouble. Daniel, was also a person who sought the Lord in the day of His trouble (remember when the king was going to have all the wise men killed because no one could tell him his dream, let alone interpret it; Daniel 2).

“I WILL cry to God with my voice, even to God with my voice, and He will give ear and hearken to me.
In the day of my trouble I seek (inquire of and desperately require) the Lord; in the night my hand is stretched out [in prayer] without slacking up; I refuse to be comforted.” Psalm 77v1-2 (AMP)

When you are uncertain about things, or troubled about things, seek the Lord. When you know what you have to do, and cannot find the strength to carry it out, seek the Lord. Don’t try to do it by yourself. Remember His grace is sufficient for you and His strength is made perfect in weakness (2 Corinthians 12v9). Remember when Jesus was about to go to the cross. It was difficult for Him. And yet He prayed. In Luke, the Bible records that:

“Jesus went out as usual to the Mount of Olives, and His disciples followed Him. On reaching the place, He said to them, “Pray that you will not fall into temptation.” He withdrew about a stone’s throw beyond them, knelt down and prayed, “Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not My will, but yours be done.” An angel from heaven appeared to Him and strengthened Him. And being in anguish, He prayed more earnestly, and His sweat was like drops of blood falling to the ground. When He rose from prayer and went back to the disciples, He found them asleep, exhausted from sorrow. “Why are you sleeping? He asked them. “Get up and pray so that you will not fall into temptation.” Luke 22v39-46 (NIV)

Facing a tough time, troubled, sorrowful – get up and pray. Don’t fall asleep, not now.

Have a very blessed day.

Comments

Popular Posts