Psalm 77: Still there

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord. We thank God for His grace, His goodness, His lovingkindness, and His faithfulness, His joy and His Spirit dwelling with us and in us. Blessed be His Holy Name forevermore.

I don’t know how many people have gotten to a stage which the Psalmist describes in these words:

“I remembered God, and was troubled: I complained, and my spirit was overwhelmed. Selah.
Thou holdest mine eyes waking: I am so troubled that I cannot speak.” Psalm 77v34 (KJV)

“When I remember God, I become upset; when I think, I become afraid. Selah
You keep my eyes from closing. I am too upset to say anything.” Psalm 77v34 (NCV)

“I remembered you, O God, and I groaned; I mused, and my spirit grew faint. Selah.
You kept my eyes from closing; I was too troubled to speak.” Psalm 77v34 (NIV)

“I think of God, and I moan, overwhelmed with longing for His help. Interlude
You don’t let me sleep. I am too distressed even to pray!” Psalm 77v3-4 (NLT)

The Psalmist is here describing a time of great distress, discomfort. The thought of God makes him groan. You know the situation where you feel like, ah God…. Is there ever a time when you remember God and you feel troubled? Perhaps Jonah felt that way when he was running away from the assignment he had been given. Or David, when he knew the anointing that was upon his life, and yet he seemed to be facing all these troubles, and Saul chasing him, his wife taken… Oh God. A period when thoughts bring fear, and on top of it God is keeping you from sleep. Why do you think that is? For me, it is almost as though God is saying, I am not the enemy here. I am here with you through this all. I won’t fail you or forsake you. You remember Me and groan, yes, but I have not gone anywhere. Yes, even when you are too troubled to speak, He is there with you, ready to talk about it, when you are. He is your Helper. Hallelujah. So remember, even in that tough, and uncomfortable situation, even when you cannot put things into words, even when He is not letting you sleep, He is still there.

Have a very blessed day.

Dearest Heavenly Father,
We thank You so much for this day which You have made which we can rejoice and be glad in. We give You all the glory in Jesus name, for You are wonderful. Father, I lift up Your children before Your throne of grace, and I pray for as many as are going through troubled times, that they will experience Your manifest presence, even as You take them through this time in Jesus name, amen. Please comfort them, and speak with them, and touch them with Your love that Your name alone may be glorified in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts