Psalm 77: Strength, SONG, Salvation

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord. We thank God for His mercies, His love, His grace over our lives. We thank God for the wonderful gift of songs. The Psalmist says that:

“I call to remembrance my song in the night: I commune with mine own heart: and my spirit made diligent search.” Psalm 77v6

Now the Psalmist is writing this in a time when he is extremely troubled and bothered. And one thing he says he does in this time, apart from communing with his own heart and making diligent search, is to call to remembrance his song in the night. Some other verses say:

“The LORD is my strength and my song; He has become my salvation. He is my God, and I will praise Him, my father’s God, and I will exalt Him.” Exodus 15v2

“The LORD is my strength and my song; He has become my salvation.” Psalm 118v14

“Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid. The LORD, the LORD, is my strength and my song; He has become my salvation.” Isaiah 12v2

It is amazing how strength, and song, and salvation are all reflected in the same verses. When we have cause to muse and think back and recall our song, we see that God has been our salvation. Are there particular songs that in time past ministered to you or helped you get through a certain period, or acted as a cause of revelation for you? I know the chorus of one of such songs for me is “I will wait for You, Jesus, You’re the sun in my horizon, all my hopes in You, Jesus, I can see you now arising.”

What songs can you recall? Bring them back and see that the unchanging God will ever be your strength, and song and salvation in Jesus name, amen.

Have a very blessed day.

Comments

Popular Posts