Psalm 77: I will remember!

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord. We thank God for His grace and for His strength. He indeed is a faithful God and a very present help in trouble. The Psalmist writes in Psalm 77v10, when he was very down and had been reflecting on if the Lord’s mercy had ceased, or if God had forgotten to be gracious, that:

“Then I thought, “To this I will appeal: the years of the right hand of the Most High. Psalm 77v10” (NIV)

“And I said, “This is my fate; the Most High has turned His hand against me.” Psalm 77v10 (NLT)

“And I say, This [apparent desertion of Israel by God] is my appointed lot and trial, but I will recall the years of the right hand of the Most High [in loving-kindness extended toward us], for this is my grief, that the right hand of the Most High changes.” Psalm 77v10 (AMP)

“And I said, This is my infirmity: but I will remember the years of the right hand of the most High.” Psalm 77v10 (KJV)

David here is saying, hmmm, this is my lot. This is a terrible situation that I find myself in. What is to be done? One thing to note is that even in the midst of his difficult times, he always remembered God. Through the good times, and the bad times, even when it was him trying to understand why the situation was happening, and mulling over God’s ways, God was still at the center. Another thing we see is that even though he expresses the fact that God has turned against him, and against Israel, he chooses to remember the years of the right hand of the Lord. He recalls the majesty and glory and wonders of God. How is this done? We take an example of when he had to face Goliath:

“And David said unto Saul, Thy servant kept his father’s sheep, and there came a lion, and a bear, and took a lamb out of the flock:
And I went out after him, and smote him, and delivered it out of his mouth: and when he arose against me, I caught him by his beard, and smote him, and slew him.
Thy servant slew both the lion and the bear: and this uncircumcised Philistine shall be as one of them, seeing he hath defied the armies of the living God.
David said moreover, the LORD that delivered me out of the paw of the lion, and out of the paw of the bear, He will deliver me out of the hand of this Philistine. And Saul said unto David, Go, and the LORD be with thee” (1 Samuel 17v34-37).

That is how to remember the years of the right hand of the Lord. So, you better begin to speak to any situation that has been taunting you, that the Lord, who delivered me and my family from poverty and distress, will deliver me from this economic crisis. The God who has been my Lord and guided me through my many years, will guide me again. The Most High who has been my shield and defense, both physically and spiritually, He will defend me even now. Hallelujah….


Have a very blessed day.

Comments

Popular Posts