Lawful vs. Enslavement!


Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord.

Primary Text
“… all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any.” 1 Corinthians 6v12 (KJV)

“… Everything is lawful for me, but I will not become the slave of anything or be brought under its power.” 1 Corinthians 6v12 (AMP)

Beloved, Paul here is saying, though he is allowed to do anything, or is permitted to do them, he will not be brought under the power of anything. The Dakes reference makes this comment “I will not tolerate any thing to control me or have authority over me that is not profitable.” Beloved, perhaps there are things that we do that we think oh, they do not matter, but are they profitable? Perhaps you have tolerated them for so long that they have begun to take authority over you. It could be a bad habit, it could be a preferred meal, or something. Songs of Solomon 2v15 (NIV) says “Catch for us the foxes, the little foxes that ruin the vineyards, our vineyards that are in bloom.” It could be a character issue that would not let you enter fully into what God has for you. It could be laziness, lack of self-control, being rude, and unmannerly, or even not taking proper care of yourself. Romans 6v16 (NLT) “Don’t you realize that you become the slave of whatever you choose to obey? You can be a slave to sin, which leads to death, or you can choose to obey God, which leads to righteous living.”

Supplementary Text
“But [like a boxer] I buffet my body [handle it roughly, discipline it by hardships] and subdue it, for fear that after proclaiming to others the Gospel and things pertaining to it, I myself should become unfit [not stand the test, be unapproved and rejected as a counterfeit].” 1 Corinthians 9v27 (AMP)

Prayer
Father, I thank You for Your Word. Father, please reveal unto me areas of my life whereby my freewill is causing me to do things that are not expedient or are causing me harm. Please grant me the grace to change them, in Jesus name I pray, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts