My Whole Heart.

Hello everyone,
How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord. Is your loyalty divided? In the Dakes concordance, they write this commentary based on James 4v8: Cleansing the hands was a symbol of innocence and purity (Mt. 27:24)…. to make pure… Here it means to separate from the world and consecrate to God, renouncing all sin. Double-mindedness refers to doubting God…” There are certain things that could lead to a divided heart, loyalty or spiritual adultery as some versions put it. These include dissatisfaction with God, getting to a state where He is not enough for you, where something else looks more pleasing than God’s way, …

Primary Text: Mark 12v29-30
“And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord: And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.” Mark 12v29-30

“Jesus answered, The first and principal one of all commands is: Hear, O Israel, The Lord our God is one Lord; And you shall love the Lord your God out of and with your whole heart and out of and with all your soul (your life) and out of and with all your mind (with your faculty of thought and moral understanding) and out of and with all your strength. This is the first and principal commandment.” Mark 12v29-30 (AMP)

As with adultery, “Can a man take fire in his bosom, and his clothes not be burned? Can one go upon hot coals, and his feet not be burned?” (Proverbs 6v27-28) A divided heart isn’t a good state to be. A lukewarm state is not good. Remember the Lord’s message to the angel of the church in Laodicea – “I know thy works, that thou art neither cold not hot: I would that thou wert cold or hot. So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold not hot, I will spue thee out of My mouth.” Revelations 3v15-16

Supplementary Text:
“Teach me Your way, LORD, that I may rely on Your faithfulness; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear Your name.” Psalm 86v11 (NIV)

“Teach me Your ways, O LORD, that I may live according to your truth! Grant me purity of heart, so that I may honor You. With all my heart I will praise You, O Lord my God. I will give glory to Your name forever, for Your love for me is very great. You have rescued me from the depths of death.” Psalm 86v11-13 (NLT)

“Come close to God, and God will come close to you. Wash your hands, you sinners; purify your hearts, for your loyalty is divided between God and the world.” James 4v8 (NLT)

“Come close to God and He will come close to you. [Recognize that you are] sinners, get your soiled hands clean; [realize that you have been disloyal] wavering individuals with divided interests, and purify your hearts [of your spiritual adultery].” James 4v8 (AMP)

“[Or] you do ask [God for them] and yet fail to receive, because you ask with wrong purpose and evil, selfish motives. Your intention is [when you get what you desire] to spend it in sensual pleasures. You [are like] unfaithful wives [having illicit love affairs with the world and breaking your marriage vow to God]! Do you not know that being the world’s friend is being God’s enemy? So whoever chooses to be a friend of the world takes his stand as an enemy of God.” James 4v3-4 (AMP)

“Elijah approached the people and said, “How long will you not decide between two choices? If the LORD is the true God, follow Him, but if Baal is the true God, follow him!” But the people said nothing.” 1 Kings 18v21 (NCV)

Prayer
Let’s search our hearts. If our hearts have been divided, and we have not loved the Lord with all of it, let’s repent and draw near to Him, and He will draw near to us. If we have been following the world, let’s renounce those works now and tell the Lord that He is sufficient for us, and all our delight is in Him.

Comments

Popular Posts