Libertyyyyyyyy

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord. We thank God for the freedom we have in Christ Jesus. The Bible says:

Primary Text: Romans 8v2
“For the law of the Spirit of life [which is] in Christ Jesus [the law of our new being] has freed me from the law of sin and of death.” Romans 8v2 (AMP)

Romans 7 tells us about the “law of sin.” This is the law which makes you keep sinning, even when the “law of the mind” tells you that it is wrong. Paul wanted to obey the “law of God” but the law of sin, contrary to the law of his mind, explains how you keep doing the wrong things, and not doing the good things you want to. How can one be released from this? There is the “law of the Spirit” of life in Christ Jesus. The “Law of the Spirit of life, that is, the Holy Spirit that works through the redemption of Christ to make free from, and to cancel the law of sin and death in all who are in Christ” (Dakes Concordance). We are no longer under the law (the law of Moses) but under grace. But shall we continue in sin, so that grace should abound – God forbid (Romans 6v1). When the Holy Spirit of God, the Spirit of the Lord Jesus Christ is on the inside of you, He breaks the power of sin, He overrides it, He sets you free from the law of sin and death. Now, you can yield yourself unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God (Romans 6v13).

Supplementary Text:
“I don’t really understand myself, for I want to do what is right, but I don’t do it. Instead I do what I hate. But if I know that what I am doing is wrong, this shows that I agree that the law is good. So I am not the one doing wrong; it is sin living in me that does it. And I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. I want to do what is right, but I can’t. I want to do what is good, but I don’t. I don’t want to do what is wrong, but I do it anyway. But if I do what I don’t want to do, I am not really the one doing wrong; it is sin living in me that does it. I have discovered this principle of life – that when I want to do what is right, I inevitably do what is wrong. I love God’s law with all my heart. But there is another power within me that is at war with my mind. This power makes me a slave to the sin that is still within me. Oh, what a miserable person I am! Who will free me from this life that is dominated by sin and death? Thank God! The answer is in Jesus Christ our Lord. So you see how it is: In my mind I really want to obey God’s law, but because of my sinful nature I am a slave to sin.” Romans 7v15-25 (NLT)

“Well then, should we keep on sinning so that God can show us more and more of His wonderful grace? Of course not! Since we have died to sin, how can we continue to live in it? Or have you forgotten that when we were joined with Christ Jesus in baptism, we joined Him in His death? For we died and were buried with Christ by baptism. And just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glorious power of the Father, now we also may live new lives. Since we have been united with Him in His death, we will also be raised to life as He was. We know that our old sinful selves were crucified with Christ so that sin might lose its power in our lives. We are no longer slaves to sin. For when we died with Christ we were set free from the power of sin.And since we died with Christ, we know we will also live with Him. We are sure of this because Christ was raised from the dead, and He will never die again. Death no longer has any power of Him. When He died, He died once to break the power of sin. But now that He lives, He lives for the glory of God. So you also should consider yourselves to be dead to the power of sin and alive to God through Christ Jesus. Do not let sin control the way you live; do not give in to sinful desires. Do not let any part of your body become an instrument of evil to serve sin. Instead, give yourselves completely to God, for you were dead, but now you have new life. So use your whole body as an instrument to do what is right for the glory of God. Sin is no longer your master, for you no longer live under the requirements of the law. Instead, you live under the freedom of God’s grace.” Romans 6v 1-12 (NLT)

Prayer
Father, I thank You for Your Word. Thank You for the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus which sets us free from the law of sin and death. I renounce sin, and say the law of sin has no power over me and I refuse to live according to its dictates anymore in Jesus name, amen. Father, I yield myself to you and every member of my body to glorify Your name now and always in Jesus name, amen.

** And perhaps you are not yet born again, and have not received the Lord Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior. The Bible says:

“That if you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.
For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.” Romans 10v9-10

You can say this prayer: Heavenly Father, I come to You today, confessing that I am a sinner. I am sorry for all that I have done and ask that You forgive me for all of my sins and cleanse me from all unrighteousness. Lord Jesus, I ask that You be Lord and Saviour over my life. I believe that You came to die for my sins, and that God raised You from the dead. Thank You Father for translating me out of the kingdom of darkness into the Kingdom of Your dear Son. Thank You for sealing me with Your Holy Spirit of promise. Please keep me till the end in You, and may Your Name alone be glorified in my life, in Jesus name I pray, amen.

If you said this prayer today, know that you are now a child of God and that there is much jubilation in heaven because of you. Begin to attend a Bible-believing church, and keep the faith! Welcome into God’s family.

Comments

Popular Posts